Author Topic: Help needed to remove the gloom from this photo of two Gateshead sisters.  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed to remove the gloom from this photo of two Gateshead sisters.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 13 April 07 10:32 BST (UK) »
I've taken the photos, gereon. It was one of my first stops yessterday.

The builders are all working on the building - within a stone's throw of the Tyne.

I'll put them up when I'm back home. I might even make them a backdrop for your photograph  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 16 April 07 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi gereon

Here are two photos of the remains of the shop in Church Street - frontage as it was after 1920s (see article). The third is a photo of the Tyne Bridge from just in front of the building.

Regards

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline gereon

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget,thanks for taking an interest and posting the photos.It looks like they are going to be busy getting it completed by June.Your mention of a background interested me as I have a photo of my dad in his pipeband outfit standing against a trellis wall.The photo itself is a little scratched on his kilt so I was going to post it for some help .Now I wonder if dad could have a Scottish background.Just a thought,as you seem to be such a whiz at it.Cheers.Gereon.
,McAllum,Argyll.McAllum, Newcastle.Donkin,Newcastle.McKechnie,Auckland.Bainbridge,Newcastle.Fenwick,Featherstone,Muschamp,Little,Craster Northumberland.Livingstone,Inverness.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi gereon

I do have quite a few  Scottish Highland scenes but not many Scottish urban scenes in my photo collection. If you'd like to post the photo of your Dad on a separate thread, I' ll see what I can do.

I was thinking that the Tyne Bridge one or the one with the tower might be the most suitable with the current photo  :)

I'm still getting sorted after my trip but will get down to things soon  :)

Regards

Gadget