Author Topic: 1851 Census Liverpool  (Read 1195 times)

Offline zeel4321

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1851 Census Liverpool
« on: Tuesday 30 November 04 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Trying to locate Charles ACTON  aged about 62 and wife Ann Acton.   They should be in Liverpool - possibly Kirkdale area.

Any help much appreciated

thanks

Wilma

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 November 04 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Try www.familyhistoryonline.co.uk

there is only 1 Charles Acton listed unfortunately I only have 3p left on my voucher so cannot view him as it costs 5p. Once you have the piece and folio numbers I can do the full look up for you

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline zeel4321

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 November 04 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for looking.   Unfortunately I have no idea of whereabouts in Liverpool.

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 December 04 11:53 GMT (UK) »
www.familyhistoryonline.co.uk
does the search for you you type in the name and the county and it will search. I tried and there is only 1 Charles Acton listed but you need to sign up and pay to view the details.This will give you the reference to let me look up the full census page for you, if you want.  Or ask onlist if anyone has a bit of credit left on their voucher and could look it up for you

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline zeel4321

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 December 04 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the tip - did just that!

here is info

Piece No & Part  2182/3  Folio 0427A  Registration district 461/

(Parish or Township Rodney Street

Hope it is the right one after all this.

Thanks again

Wilma

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 December 04 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wilma...there is a Charles Acton there but he is only 1 year Old. Father Joseph a police Officer born in Cheshire.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.

Offline zeel4321

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 December 04 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Ah well.   You can't win them all.   Thanks again for your help

wilma

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 03 December 04 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Wilma
could he have died by then or do you have him on later censi?
Have you tried looking for Ann Acton I believe there are 4 listed one may be a widow you won't know until you look.  ;)

Donna

Offline zeel4321

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 03 December 04 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Charles and Ann could have both died.  They were married in Liverpool and their last child was born 1830 in Bidston Cheshire but no sign of them on Wirral census for 1851.

There is a Charles Acton born Over Peover in1789 who could be this one but too risky to 'assume'.   Think I will have to be content having got back this far.

Wilma