Author Topic: Wightwick surname help  (Read 725 times)

Offline ach95r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wightwick surname help
« on: Tuesday 30 November 04 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I trying to push back further with one strand of my family tree, the Wightwick's who were living in London in the period 1800-1850 at least - and further.

In particular I am having problems with Thomas, born around 1811 in St Lukes (info from a later census). He married an Emma Gray in 1834, but the marriage record doesn't tell me anything other than their names. I have all the information on his children (birth / death certificates etc) but it doesn't help going back. I have no idea to brothers/sisters or parents. I know he was born in St Lukes, however I spent a fruitless day in the Metropoliton Archives searching for a birth record to no avail - I suspect it was due to my inexperience.

If anyone has got any thoughts on how I might be able to get on with finding more about his early years (1811-34) I would be so grateful.

Cheers

Andy

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wightwick surname help
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy
Sylviann gave me a ref to look up for you
HO107 1559 folio 180b
7 Lower? Green Alley St George in the east
Margaret Witwick, 49 born St George Middlesex
Martha A , 4, dau, scholar born same
Cheers cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.