Author Topic: Russell's Records  (Read 2811 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Russell's Records
« on: Wednesday 11 April 07 13:42 BST (UK) »
I am told that my Uncles, Robert, Hubert & William Russell all died in WW2.  Each belonging to different sections of the Armed forces.  At the time of WW2 they would have been possibly in the 20's - 30's.  Does anyone have access to records.  My uncles parents were Robert W B Russell & Margaret Russell nee Hamilton.  All I believe were born in Glasgow.  Can anyone help?  Regards Pauline
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
Re: Russell's Records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 April 07 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline

Have you had a look for them on The Commonwealth War Graves Commission website? as it sometimes gives next of kin in the Additional Information, and could help to narrow down your search.

Without knowing which branch of the Forces it's difficult.  Their next of kin would be entitled to obtain their service records, if that is of any use  :-\

Wendi  :)

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

SCOTT ~ Monmouthshire & Glamorgan
BUCKLEY ~ Cork & Manchester
FRANKLIN ~ Clerkenwell, London
BRADY ~ Kildare & Manchester
DERICK ~ France
FRIEND ~ Kent & Portsmouth
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire