Author Topic: Mears family in Llanelli/Llanelly  (Read 2087 times)

Offline bananachip

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mears family in Llanelli/Llanelly
« on: Sunday 15 April 07 15:03 BST (UK) »
I am tracing the Mears family which came from Mountain Ash in or around 1910 to Llanelli. I know that Mary Mears (nee Davies) travelled to Llanelli with her children after her husband died in Mountain Ash.
Somerset & Wales - Mears

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mears family in Llanelli/Llanelly
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 07 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Bananachip

Are you tracing this family backwards, or looking for more recent information?

If it is the former, could you give us lots more detail and we will try to help.

If you are looking for more recent info, again we would need more detail and I would probably recommend that you start with BMD records.

Hoping to help

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline suzukibowls

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mears family in Llanelli/Llanelly
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 April 07 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hi,

This is definitely the correct family from Mountain Ash, orignally from Somerset.

I believe you have connected the Robert and Elizabeth in Somerset.  I know of these but have NO proof that they are the parents of James and Mary.

Janet