Author Topic: Shropshire Parish Records  (Read 6376 times)

Offline lesleyneland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire Parish Records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 April 07 22:15 BST (UK) »

...re: Alice MORRIS, 1873 Atcham entry...

In 1861, Ann, (the aunt, possible mom) was working in St. Chad Shrewsbury...however, she ended up in Wolverhampton by her marriage in 1879...

...Ann's sister Sarah is working in Frodesley (another possibility)

...another sister Jane is in the village of Forton, Montford as a milk maid.

The family were from Forton, so the mom may well have gone home for the birth, I would have thought...

...it's such a wide target, I know...I just looked at those registration districts and I'd like to try and narrow down the search a little more...but, at the moment, I'd have to say St. Chad and Montford...   

...on the 1881 the Alice MORRIS, b. 1875 niece just had Shropshire on the birth entry

...on the 1891 the most likely Alice MORRIS, a servant in Codsall, has Wolverhampton as the birth entry (presumably because that is where she had been living).

...on the 1901 my ggran Alice ELLIS (MORRIS), has Wolverhampton also as her birthplace...I know for sure this 1901 Alice is my ggran as she is with her husband and children...

thanks for looking at this...I'll post back, after more research on the siblings...

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 April 07 22:21 BST (UK) »

Ok, I'll see what I can find.

I do hope that you appreciate that with the amount of look ups I've got to do in one day means that time will be limited.

fingers crossed!!!! :D

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline lesleyneland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 April 07 22:24 BST (UK) »

:), ...only if convenient...

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 April 07 22:26 BST (UK) »

No problem at all ;) :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline lesleyneland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 May 07 17:40 BST (UK) »

...i'm revising my look up request (only if convenient and you get to it), after further thought, would you do Atcham 1875 March quarter.

Atcham 1875 6a 675 March

Ggran Alice Edith ELLIS (MORRIS) has age 26 on the 1901 (suggests 1875 birth) and she died in October 1831 age 57, so she had a birthday between March and October.

...regards, lesleyneland