Author Topic: WINTER WINTERS GRAY  (Read 6481 times)

Offline rootbeer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WINTER WINTERS GRAY
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 May 07 19:00 BST (UK) »
hello redred' im a romany gypsy singer songwriter
iv just soon your picture and was wondering if i could use it on my web site in the future? im not sure if i am related to the people in the photo but i probley am as all gypsys are related and i think there is only about 3 difernt winter's and im related to all 3 lol' im also related to boswell lee shaw smith heron' and many many more lol
all the very best

Offline vimira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 June 07 12:19 BST (UK) »
I'm just new to this site, & have seen the wonderful photo of the Winters. At the bottom of it is a list of names -  Drury, Nuttall & Elliott. What does this mean? These are names of my families & I am curious about the Drury & Nuttall in particular.

By the way other sightings of Winters in the census -
1871 RG10/3294/44 p6 Melton Mowbray, Leics Sarah Winters age 48 b Boston, Lincs & family
1881 RG11/2696/93 p16 Trentham, Staffs Robert Winter age 53 b 1828 Newmarket, Lincs(!) & family
1891 RG12/4043/140 p60 Darlington, Durham, Alexander Winter age 30 b 1861 Dembey, Yorks & family

The Winters have connections with my family but I'm not sure how yet.
Elliott Drury Mills Harwood/Haywood Smith Bailey Lincs/Notts/Leics

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 July 07 08:13 BST (UK) »
the list of names you mentioned is the researchers interests.

Now the Lincs/Notts Grays, Elliotts, Smiths, Pierce/Pearces, Drurys and Winters intermarried. Havent come across Nuttall myself, but then I find it hard to track down the Winters anyway. Some of the Winters used aliases, such as Smith and Hearn. (two examples Ive come across).