Author Topic: Re: Links: Banffshire Burials  (Read 9859 times)

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Links: Banffshire Burials
« on: Thursday 16 September 04 14:27 BST (UK) »
I have the booklets containing full inscriptions for marnoch (1 & 2). If anyone wants the full inscription for a relative buried here just message me with the grave number/s  and I'll let you have the full text :)

Del

Aka Fluffnco
Researching:
Thomson/Davies/Johnson  - (St Pancras/Shoreditch  Area London  and Monmouthsire),
Cross  -  (Burradon/Gateshead/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Anderson -  ( Gateshead/Wallsend/ Byker/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Mutch  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder/Ellon/Inverkeithny/Fyvie/Turriff areas of Banffshire Scotland)
Riddell  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder areas of Banffshire Scotland)

Offline Michael72.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Getting back to my Roots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 February 05 22:32 GMT (UK) »
I have the booklets containing full inscriptions for marnoch (1 & 2). If anyone wants the full inscription for a relative buried here just message me with the grave number/s  and I'll let you have the full text :)

Del

Aka Fluffnco

Hi Fluffnco,
As usual, I'm a day late and a Dollar short... ;D...as you can see I'm here a bit late, but just found this site to-day...My Bro-in-Law is trying to trace some of his Family born in Marnoch...(James Smith c1866, Farmer, of 'North Mains of Ardmaillie', Marnoch....Not sure whether he was born or died there....just seeking any glimmer of info on his behalf....sorry no Burial or Birth details....just to make it easy for you... ;D ;D.....The Surname INKSON also comes into the equation.....We will quite understand if you don't reply.... ;D

Michael Gilby.
My email is not working sorry
GILBY, Lowestoft and Cleethorpes.
COO, Horncastle/Grimsby/Cleethorpes.
MADIN, Sheffield/Cleethorpes.
AYERS, Yorkshire, Grimsby/Cleethorpes.
Clark, Cheltenham, Hull, Cleethorpes.

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 February 05 03:27 GMT (UK) »

Del

Aka Fluffnco

Hi Fluffnco,
As usual, I'm a day late and a Dollar short... ;D...as you can see I'm here a bit late, but just found this site to-day...My Bro-in-Law is trying to trace some of his Family born in Marnoch...(James Smith c1866, Farmer, of 'North Mains of Ardmaillie', Marnoch....Not sure whether he was born or died there....just seeking any glimmer of info on his behalf....sorry no Burial or Birth details....just to make it easy for you... ;D ;D.....The Surname INKSON also comes into the equation.....We will quite understand if you don't reply.... ;D

Michael Gilby.

Hi Michael :)

In the Kirkyard of marnoch part 2 I found this entry....it looks like it could be your James Smith (there are quite a few james smiths buried in both parts of the Kirkyard according to the booklets....

ok..hope this is the right one for you :)

Grave No.594

The inscription is as follows:

In loving memory of James Smith Mains of Ardmeallie d. 14 Nov. 1905 aged 73, his wife Maria Talbot Inkson d. 8 Dec. 1901 aged 75. Their son James d. mains of Ardmeallie 21 July 1938 aged 76, his wife Isabella Ridgwell d. 21 July 1962 aged 87

If this is not the correct one then you can search the various James Smiths buried in the kirkyard at marnoch at this site.

http://www.abdn.net/mi-index/

It doesn't give you the full inscription but does give you the grave number above the list of names mentioned on each headstone. come back to me with the headstone No. and I'll gladly give you the full inscription :)

kind regards

Del
(Fluffnco)
Researching:
Thomson/Davies/Johnson  - (St Pancras/Shoreditch  Area London  and Monmouthsire),
Mutch  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder/Ellon/Inverkeithny/Fyvie/Turriff areas of Banffshire Scotland)

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 May 05 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hi there!

I wondered if you have any Redford transcriptions from there??  I know I have quite a few in there.

Regards

Possum
WADE, WALSHAW, CAFFREY, HALEY, HEALEY, TYAS, CROPPER, REDFORD, MCCOLL, FRASER, FRAZER

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Possum_pie

I took a look through the two books I have and came up with the following who are all in the old part of the kirkyard for Redford and also Redfoord.

The number which precedes the Inscriptions is the grave number.

78     Erected by WILLIAM ANDREW farmer in Euchrie in memory of his spouse MARGARET REDFORD d. 31 May 1812 aged 66. Here also are deposited the remains of said WILLIAM ANDREW d. 19 nov. 1824 in 86th year. GEORGE ANDREW their son, farmer in Euchrie & afterwards at Balgaveny Forgue d. there 11 Feb. 1863 aged 82, MARGARET LARGUE his wife d. Balgaveny 5 oct. 1849 aged 68.

136    This stone is erected by JOHN REDFORD merchant in Banff in memory of his son GEORGE d. 18 Oct. 1789 in 9th year, his dau. HELLEN d. 29 mar. 1791 in infancy. ISABELL GUTHRIE his wife d. 22 Dec. 1791 aged 33.

123     Sacred to the memory of JAMES HARPER late farmer in newtown of Clunie d. 8 Jan. 1775 aged 67, his spouse BARBARA ALEXANDER d. 4 Feb. 1774 aged 62. Their dau. SUSANNA HARPER spouse to ALEXANDER REDFOORD d. 21 oct. 1795 aged 51. This stone was erected by their affectionate children as a mark of respect.

There are also entries for Reedfoord and Reidfoord. I can find no entries for Redford in the second book.

Hope this helps you :)

Fluffnco
Researching:

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 14:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you!! 

The third one was my GGGG granny and her parents.  I actually have a photo of the stone but we couldn't read much of it. 

I would be really interested to get info of the Reidfords and Redfoords as well if it's not too much trouble.

Many thanks again.

Ish   
WADE, WALSHAW, CAFFREY, HALEY, HEALEY, TYAS, CROPPER, REDFORD, MCCOLL, FRASER, FRAZER

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 29 May 05 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Ish

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this up but I've had pc probs for a few weeks so haven't been able to do much until it was rectified.

ok so firstly

Reedfoord

135      This stone is erected by George Riedfoord farmer in mains of corskie in memory of their dau. Agnus Reedfoord d. 9 Mar. 1774 aged 27 and Isobel, Jannet, Alexr. & Geo Reddfoord's who d. in their infancy. Above George Riedfoord d 21 Dec. 1787 aged 75, Barbra Merson his wife d. 6 Feb 1795 aged 78. (spellings as on stone)

Reidfoord

103      Erected by James Reidford late of Wester Corskie in memory of his departed relations viz. Margaret Reidford his sister d. corskie 12 july 1833 aged 22, Thomas Reidford his father d. there 12 July 1836 aged 64, Thomas Reidford his brother d. Aberchirder 16 Dec. 1838 abed 24. Margaret his niece, dau. of his brother Thomas d. corskie 8 July 1845 in 7th year. Margaret Dingwall his mother d. there 8 Dec. 1852 aged 71, Jane Dingwall his aunt d. Aberchirder 23 Feb. 1863 aged 85, Alexander Dingwall his uncle d. there  28 Jan. 1867 aged 80. Said James Reidford d. there 28 June 1879 aged 70.

104      Erected by Alexander Reidford Finnygaud in memory of his parents Alexander Reidford d. Mar. 1836 aged 25, Helen Cran d. June 1899 aged 85. Said Alexander Reidford d. Spring Garden Croft 25 Oct. 1914 aged 78.

124     Erected in memory of George Reidford farmer Knockorth marnoch d. 26 July 1905 aged 94, his wife Isabella Thomson d. 26 jan. 1900 aged 88. Their dau. Christina d. 8 July 1851 aged 2 y. 6 mths., Isabella d. 28 May 1922 aged 82. Their sons Robert Thomson d. 24 Sept. 1923 aged 82, David d. 28 Apr. 1925 aged 70.

176    Under this stone lies the body of John Morison sometimes farmer in Deafhill d. 25 Oct. 1788 aged 67. This is erected to his memory by James & John Morisons his sons. Here is also interred the above John Morrison (sic) some time farmer in Mains of Rosieburn d. 16 Apr.1820 aged 69, Margaret Reidford his spouse d.28 Mar. 1847 aged 80. John Morison late farmer Peterden d. 2 May 1863 age 82. His nephew William Morison d. 1 Mar. 1863 aged 19.

387      In loving memory of George Reidfordfarmer d. Mid Millhill Netherdale 20 Jan. 1910 aged 66, his son Alexander d. 23 Jan 1883 aged 3 mths., his dau. Georgina d. 6 May 1894 aged 15 mths. His wife Helen Marno Barclay d. 29 Apr. 1923 aged 72.
Bottom: Erected by his wife & family. Side: His dau. Isabella Jane d. 19 Oct. 1925 aged 48.

Some of these in hindsight I should have viewed when you first asked me to look these up but with the spelling being so different I didn't (sorry).

Anyway, hope these help :)

good luck in further researching

fluffnco
Researching:

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 29 May 05 23:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all your trouble.  I will now have to do a bit of cross referencing.... think a couple of them are definitely mine.

Many many thanks again!!!

Possum

Offline mitchell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 September 05 13:41 BST (UK) »
I've found a great site for Botriphine Burials this afternoon

www.botrpihnie.org.uk

Enter via the Parish link

This site also has a list of school admissions for Botriphnie School 1884-1949

Elaine
Mitchell, Turner, Henderson, Archibald, Smith, Walker, Burgess, Alexander, Margetts, Joss - Aberdeenshire
Proctor, Morrison, Henderson, Burgess, McWilliam, Green, Grant, Young, Dey, Allan - Banffshire
Proctor, Logie, Grant - Moray
McRae - Ross & Cromarty and Invernesshire
Clunie, Philp - Fife

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk