Author Topic: BUXTON  (Read 5037 times)

Offline JUDITHBFAMILY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BUXTON
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter,  I have found in the archives the connection for Amyatt Cecil Frederick Buxton born
25th December 1906.  Would this be the person you are looking for .  There are a lot of missing links which I am still trying to tie up.  If you have any further information , please could you let me know.
Kind regards Judes

Offline pbuxt001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith, I am indeed interested in Amyatt Cecil F Buxton. He is part of the wider Buxton family I'm researching. Are you connected to the Buxton family in RSA or ZIM?

Best regards
Peter

Offline JUDITHBFAMILY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 September 13 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter, I am in S Africa.  How do I send you the information I have . I have a familysite tree on
myheritage - not under Buxton but my maiden name.  Would you be able to pick up the info from there? Please could you let me know.  Regards Judes

Offline pbuxt001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 September 13 11:23 BST (UK) »
Please email me: (*). Thanks Judes.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline JUDITHBFAMILY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 September 13 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter,  I tried to send you a long email, but it obviously has not gone through to you. I have attached the information herewith below .. please stay in touch .
My sister in  law is Georgina Tuckwell, I think you have spoken with her in the past. And I am the wife of Elgon Pennell Buxton.

I have been spending a lot of time in the Cape Town Archives
And have been trying to build our family tree, and find all the missing pieces of the puzzle
You are most welcome to look at MyHeritage Website, I have a site under McChesney – as that was my maiden name, and I am also desperately
Trying to find missing great grandparents in the United Kingdom and have hit another brick wall there.
Amyatt Cecil Frederick was born on December 25th 1906 in Willamore, Cape Province to Lillian Millicent Gradwell and Amyatt George Clay Buxton.
Mr Amyatt George Clay Buxton then went walkabout. She filed for divorce which  was granted , giving her full custody of the minor child aged 8 (Amyatt Cecil Frederick Buxton).
I am not sure where she went to then, I know she stayed with her Parents in Bulawayo Rhodesia before the divorce, but either they died or could not afford to keep them.  The court proceedings took from 1909 and was finalised in 1915.
He was also found guilty and convicted of theft for which he served 12 months in jail.
Next time Amyatt George Clay shows up in the records he has married a Bertie Janisch, who died in 1918 during the flu epidemic.  They had two children George Frederick (My husbands father) and Arthur Pennell Buxton (My Husbands Uncle).
He then disappears again, and the two children are brought up with Amyatt George Clays brother Arthur Francis Chamberlain Buxton and his wife Disa Nerina Buxton (also born Janisch).
So it all rather interesting , and at times very hard to put together, we have been through the family bible and have tried to place everyone.
Today we have found, the grandfather who died  being George Francis Hastings Clay who died in Fraserburg in 1891.  I know his daughter Jane Ann Clay married Amyatt George Frederick  Buxton
They had one child together, Amyatt Cecil Frederick Buxton . Jane Ann then married Dr C Edmonds , had 4 children with him, and then married a Mr H Ridley.
So we are moving on from there and trying to tie up where everyone else went to, or came from, as I would like the historical facts and sources.

I hope this is of some assistance, if you have any suggestions or assistance for me with the missing family, it would be greatly appreciated,
 Kind regards Judy

Offline Candice Campos

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 17 August 19 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi there

My husband discovered that his great grandmother ( Ivy Elizabeth Burt Groves ) married a Arthur Francis Chamberlain Buxton 1954. We have no idea why this marriage took place and why Ivy’s daughter ( Joy Margaret Groves) took on the surname at age 24? If anyone has more information about this?