Author Topic: Luck guesses but need a wee help!  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Luck guesses but need a wee help!
« on: Wednesday 18 April 07 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I guessed luckily that two relatives I found on the LDS site were my great great grandfather's siblings which was further confirmed by the SP.

I would like a wee help with finding them in 1861 and 1871 censuses in the hope of finding more relatives who may have living with them when they came over from Ireland. I am terrible with the SP's censuses. (with an apologetic face)

The marriage records I found were his sisters' which helped a lot because they cleared up what surname his mother's was!

Wish I could find more relatives on my great great grandfather's wife as she was married to him in Scotland. She had to be with one of her relatives when she came over, didn't she??

Anyway, the names are:

Agnes McCrenor nee Jordan (SP have three possible surnames for her marriage record! I meant her married surname.) Her husband is James.

Sarah Fullerton nee Jordan (Interestingly, SP had her maiden surname correct whereas the LDS put hers down  as Jardine.) Her husband is James as well!

Both were in Bathgate. Both were born in Ireland. The ages are questionable: Agnes was 21 in 1864, Sarah was 17 in 1866.

Agnes and James had a son named Torence. Apparently they only had one child.

Sarah and James had numerous children--could not list all of them.

I will be most grateful to you for any wee help you can give me with these siblings and their husbands.

Kind regards,

Tees

Offline capricorn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Luck guesses but need a wee help!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 April 07 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Tees,

Have PM'd
I think I found the Fullerton family in 1880 census for US
Still looking for Agnes and family
Census information Crown Copyright, from