Author Topic: Donley or Donnelly  (Read 2219 times)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Donley or Donnelly
« on: Wednesday 18 April 07 18:31 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to trace any records of a family called Donley (or derivations of the name) who lived in Cumbria around the 1820's.
William Donley was born around 1795 in Ireland and as far as I know his wife was Anne, also born Ireland.

My 3x Graet Grandmother, their daughter was ellen Donley born around 1820 . She gave her place of birth as Wynn, Cumbria but I've never been able to trace the place to go to parish registers.
My Grandmother remembered relations in Whitehaven.
Ellen moved to Liverpool and married John Almond
Her sister Mary born late 1820's I thik married someone called Mossop in Cumbria and her place of birth was noted as Wynn, Cumbria.
I've been trying for years to slove the mystery of where they were born.
I think William and Anne moved to Carlisle if I've got the right people on later census returns.
Any help would be great.
Thank you
Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales