Author Topic: John Kneen b. 1813  (Read 5166 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
John Kneen b. 1813
« on: Wednesday 01 December 04 07:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi would welcome any info please on
John Kneen born 1813 [pos.Douglas ]he married Hannah ? they had 7 children all born in Cumberland Hannah died in 1850 giving birth to my great grandmother Ann Kneen 2 years later John remarried his second wife,she was Mary Thompson they had a son Robert the children of John Kneen and his first wife Hannah were

William
Mary
Hannah
Jane
John
Thomas
thank you
audrey

Offline Elizabeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Kneen b. 1813
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 December 04 04:09 GMT (UK) »
Hullo Audrey,
Brian Kneen is doing a one-name study on Kneens. If you go to his website at www.kneen.com and make contact with him there I am sure he will be able to assist you.

Kind regards

Elizabeth
QUALTROUGH Isle of Man & world wide

Qualtroughs have been found in Liverpool, Manchester and other places in Lancs. However I am interested in contact with all Qualtroughs and descendants everywhere.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 December 04 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth
thank you for that I will do what you suggest
Audrey

Offline morton

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 November 06 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have a Jane Kneen born about 1835, she married John Culverwell in 1859, could she be the jane from your tree

Offline wodell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 February 08 19:14 GMT (UK) »
hi, the john kneen, or kerneen or neen or knean, and the list goes on, can be found in my wifes tree, the kneens who came to cumberland from the iom started in the west one of them married a starkie from cockermouth, they eventually moved on to the north east following the mining industry,
the tree is on gr or ancestry, or e mail me , i work away but will be back next weekend,
but just of the top of my head i recall a john and joseph and benjamin father william iom 1780, mother ann churchill abt 1780,
anyhow sorry to rush off, e mail any question, bye peter.
starkie,cockermouth.kennely,cockermouth.potts,cockermouth.fulton,workington.ellwood,cumberland.kneen/neen/kaneen,iom & cockermouth  & durham.coghlan,cork..nichol,cumberland murphy, ireland-workington, armstrong,workington. williamson,harrington.fraser,newcastle-harrington, hill,ireland-maryport. foster, worcester-west cumberland.