Author Topic: Hodges/Woods  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Lancejack24

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hodges/Woods
« on: Friday 20 April 07 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for information on my Gtx4 Grandfather Thomas Hodges born abt 1800 he was married to a Sarah (surname unknown ) born about 1805 Thomas possible had a sister called Jane born 1799 who married a John Bowdidge 1893.

I do have a lot more information on Thomas and Sarah only child on record  George Hodges born 1828 in Beddington Surrey married an Eleanor Freeborn.

WOODS
I'm also hoping that someone might be able to help me with my Gtx3 Grandfather Ernest Arthur Woods who was killed in WW1. I have his grave site,war records,medals,and parents what I am looking for is a picture newspaper obiturary anything that reported his death.

Kind Regards
Mike Hodges   

Offline painterlady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hodges/Woods
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 April 07 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi to you
I have some Hodges marrying into the Mitchells on Mother in law's side but somewhat later than those you are asking about. However in case they are of interest :- Eliza Hodges m William Mitchell b1875-6 and I know their descendants and Alice Mitchell b 74-5 m Frank Hodges and had two children Charlie and Norah and this Norah  m Billie Wiles in 1931. I don't know where the Hodges came from or their dates but would assume the Horsham area since they seem to have married into the same Horsham   family

Offline Lancejack24

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hodges/Woods
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 April 07 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks for reply and information here some connection somewhere  ???

Regards
Mike