Author Topic: Quakersyard/pontygwaith fiddlers elbow  (Read 6497 times)

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: Quakersyard/pontygwaith fiddlers elbow
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 May 05 16:45 BST (UK) »
There are some interesting photos and history relating to the tramroad which ran from Merthyr to Abercynon at:

http://www.trevithick2004.co.uk/page8.html

The site was created to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Penydarren Locomotive - the first steam locomotive.  The link above to section three, relates specifically to the section between Pontygwaith and Quakers Yard.

MarMnkly

Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline massimo

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 January 06 11:40 GMT (UK) »
I have a silver trowel received 30 years ago for my marriage ,with this following words engraved on it:
"Presented to miss. A. Morgan on the occasion of her laying the memorial stone of the forward moovement Hall .PONTEGWAITH DEc 1897"
Her I attach some pictures of the trowel.
I am from Milan, Italy ..
Is anybody able to tell me if the hall is yet there or the stone is yet anywhere in the town?just for my curiosity..
ciao
Massimo

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for these brilliant links to information about Quakersyard. I am looking for links to the Butler family who had a daughter Ann or Annie Butler b. Abt. 1895.  whom married one of my Abell's in Kington, Herefordshire, 1915.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Is this the Annie Maria Butler that married William Abell on 1st November 1915 at Llanfihangel-nant- Melan (the marriage cert can be viewed on line at FindMyPast)?

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 15:21 GMT (UK) »
It is and thank you very much.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives