Author Topic: Address look up please if possible?  (Read 3103 times)

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Address look up please if possible?
« on: Sunday 22 April 07 22:45 BST (UK) »
hello there all you great people can anyone do a census check for an address in Lancashire which is listed on my great grandparents wedding certificate - it is 37 Mosley common, lancashire and they married in st john's mosley common not being from the area I am Yorkshire born and bred can any one let me know where it is specifically?.  Husband named John William Knowles: Wife named Elizabeth Hulse
both of the above address i am also trying to find out if there are any of John Knowles' family living in the area also. (they are proving to be very illusive!!)
Any help i greatly appreciate.
thanx

Completed

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Address look up please if possible?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 April 07 22:47 BST (UK) »
soooo sorry forgot to say they married around 1912.  but trying to see in john's family lived there because elizabeth fell off the radar

Offline jacqui123

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 April 07 22:54 BST (UK) »
someone more experienced than myself will come along soon and offer better info but this is what i have found on this address
its from 1891 census so your family wernt there at the time but heres a few address details

Atherton    Enumeration District:
16    Ecclesiastical Parish:
St Georges

Civil Parish:
Tyldesley With Shakerley    Municipal Borough:
   Address:
37, Mosley Common, Tyldesley With Shakerley

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 April 07 23:04 BST (UK) »
thank you jackie123 that does clarify that it's in tyldesley area which is where many of the family seem to be from i think. that was very quick!
i am sure that will help me

Offline SheilaM

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 April 07 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can't help with census info without dates of birth etc.

Try this link http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/TyldesleywithShakerley/

If you follow the link for churches you will see St John's, Mosley Common and a link to a map for the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards ... Sheila
LANCS Rochdale: Sanderson, Burke. Crompton/Shaw: Robinson, Walkden, Swann<br />Oldham: Sandiford, Mitchell<br />STAFFS Willenhall/Cheslyn Hay: Stokes, Broom<br />SOMERSET: Bath:  Broom/Hawkins/Plowman/Roberts/West<br />YORKS: Gibson, Helliwell<br />IRELAND: Burke, Holmes<br />USA/Canada: Sanderson<br />WILTSHIRE: Hawkins<br /><br />All census information is Crown Copyright

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 22 April 07 23:26 BST (UK) »
Just had a quick look for dates of birth - elizabeth born 1888 off top of my head but i do have some info on her it's mainly a problem with her husband he died ww1 he is aged 22 on certificate in 1912 and she is 24 so i assume he must be born around 1890. if it helps thanx again

Offline SheilaM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 22 April 07 23:29 BST (UK) »
Do you have their parents names and occupations from the marriage cert?

Sheila
LANCS Rochdale: Sanderson, Burke. Crompton/Shaw: Robinson, Walkden, Swann<br />Oldham: Sandiford, Mitchell<br />STAFFS Willenhall/Cheslyn Hay: Stokes, Broom<br />SOMERSET: Bath:  Broom/Hawkins/Plowman/Roberts/West<br />YORKS: Gibson, Helliwell<br />IRELAND: Burke, Holmes<br />USA/Canada: Sanderson<br />WILTSHIRE: Hawkins<br /><br />All census information is Crown Copyright

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 22 April 07 23:43 BST (UK) »
Elizabeths father was a Henry Hulse and his wife was Mary Augusta nee Rigby.  they lived in tyldesley. he was a miner at the time of elizabeth's birth and is listed on her marriage as the same.
John William Knowles' father William was registered as deceased. i have no idea what he did for a living or when he died or any details of his family at all

Offline SheilaM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 22 April 07 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hi again

This is the only one John W Knowles I can find born about 1890 with a father William living in the Tyldesley area.

1901 - RG13/3594 F13 P18
6 Smallbrook Road, Leigh

William Knowles 38, Coal Miner, b Hindley
Mary 36, b Barrow
Joseph 11, Drawer in Coal Mine, b Hindley
John W 11, b Riap
Sarah 7, b Hindley
James 4, b Daubhill
Mary E 1, b Westhaughton
All born Lancashire

Do any of them appear as witnesses on the cert?

Sheila