Author Topic: sloan family  (Read 4598 times)

Offline DotBrennan

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: sloan family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 November 08 20:56 GMT (UK) »

In the interests of good housekeeping, I’ve moved this post to completed.

Assistance has been provided …….

Offline jaz968

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 March 12 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, im from the new zealand branch of the family, great granddaughter of adam. i was wondering if you had been able to find any information on evelina fittock

Offline jaz968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 March 12 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Also, i know for a fact that the information provided on jackson sloan in new zealand is false as jackson never lived in new zealand (he died before 1911) and i'm pretty sure sarah died in ireland as i have a picture of her grave which i think was taken in ireland.

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 March 12 12:18 GMT (UK) »
hi jaz968,
great to hear from you,i have been doing out my brennan family now for ages and this is how i found out about the family in new zealand,so any thing you can add to my tree would be great to say the least,sarah jane brennan died 23/sept/1950 buried in ballintoy church of ireland married jackson sloan who died 22/may/1906,they had 10 children and sarah jane had 2 more after jackson died,
of the children there was a margaret born 1897 may have married in new zealand not to sure,
jackson son of sarah jane and jackson died new zealand 1969  ,also a ann sloan i heard she went to new zealand and married a sam taylor hope you can confirm this ,and then adam which was your great grandad married evelina fittock and had 9 children,then a james sloan died new zealand 29/nov/1945 ww2 the rest i know of stayed in n.ireland,hope this is correct and if you have anything to add hope you don't mind sharing and if i can do anything for you just ask
thanks zander
brennan  co.antrim/scotland
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
mccook     armoy co.antrim
mcfall       co.londonderry
murphy    kilrea

Offline jaz968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 March 12 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, have you taken a look at the 1901 and 1911 ireland census as most of the jackson and sarah jane sloan's family in ireland. I actually haven't done much into the irish side of the family but my auntie told me one of the stories of Jackson Sloan's death, he got into a fight at a fair while looking for work and sustained some damage to the head, he went home and slept for a while. when he woke up he called his wife sarah in to ask for a glass of water and when she came back he had died. I'm doing more my great grandmothers side which came from yorkshire, england, not sure if that's going to be any help to you? but i do have a picture of sarah's grave if you dont already have one and a photo of jackson sloan. I was wondering if you had any information on sarah and perhaps any photos?

I've gone through a newspaper archive to try and find any information on the others you mentioned but nothing has comeup. next time i'm in the library ill have a look on ancestry.com

Also, would you happen to know who jackson and sarah jane's parents were?

Jaz

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 March 12 11:02 BST (UK) »
hi jaz968,
many thanks for the reply again,i heard the story about jackson as well and folled it up and ordered his death cert but think the story was a bit off cert says he died of heart disease accelerated by drink inquest held june/july 22 1906 can not read the month,sorry i have not 1 picture of anyone in the family no one over hear seems interested in there family history but me,so if you can share any pictures that would be great,sarah jane brennan dad was a james brennan/brannan and a matilda mcnaul   jackson sloan's dad was a robert sloan/slane and a ellen gillespie so this is where the gillespie middle name must come from.
hope this helps a little
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea

Offline jaz968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 25 March 12 12:23 BST (UK) »
Hi
i heard the heart disease accelerated by drink story as well, i have one photo of jackson sloan which i will attach to this post. I also have some photos of adam gillespie of your interested, he was quite handsome back in the day. also, if you dont mind me asking, how are you related to jackson or sarah so i can put it into my family tree?

would it be possible to get a copy of jackson sloan's death certificate? i understand completely if you refuse as i know there has been money and effort put into it.

Jaz

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 25 March 12 16:06 BST (UK) »
hi jaz968,
many thanks for the picture,sure good looking chap there ,would be interested in any photos you have,
i have done out a large brennan family tree which includes sarah jane who would be my great grandads sister there was 12 siblings altogether,sarah jane being the oldest,
i have no problem sending you a copy of the death cert if i can work out with the size of it to get it scanned on to my computer and sent to you,but if you want to pm me i will send you my email address
thanks zander
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea