Author Topic: Honeywell from Portsea  (Read 9574 times)

Offline nicwnacw

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Honeywell from Portsea
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 28 April 07 23:32 BST (UK) »
Need to find out general historical stuff - did the wives go with the men? I find that a bit unlikely but possible maybe as cooks or similar. Have found the Governor of the Island was Percy Simpson
Fenn from Denham Bucks and Honeywell from Downton Wilts

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 28 April 07 23:35 BST (UK) »
Might be best to ask on the Armed Forces pages, they may know what the practice was.

I am giving up on James Pitt I think, can't find hide nor hair of him at the moment and my eyes are needing toothpicks to hold them open!!

Wish you luck with the search  :)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline nicwnacw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 28 April 07 23:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks this is very addictive - Mums idea she knows so little about her family and at 72 she wants to know everything. Good night

Offline nicwnacw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 29 April 07 19:11 BST (UK) »
Have donw a bit of research on Downton Wilts where Thomas came from, the local parish sent the poor to Canada in the early 1800's. The location was the Great Lakes and Louisa Island was off Lake Huron. So maybe the birth was in Canada and not Paxos.

Offline pompeyboy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 16 July 07 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hi nicwnacw....Don't know if this is any use to you but i have a photo of a grave(albeit not very clear) from Kingston Cemetery in Portsmouth of a... A Honeywell,Chief Petty Officer RN 460913(i think)...HMS Victory,27th April 1916?.If you wanna look let me know,but like i said it's not very clear and it may be just coincidence

Steve
massey
clutterbuck
foster
searley
Hansler
Belcher

Census Information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nicwnacw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 16 July 07 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I do have an A Honeywell and the dates are looking about right can you e mail to me?

Thanks Nicwnacw (sandra)

Offline pompeyboy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 16 July 07 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra... you'll have to PM me your email address.....don't put ur email  on this thread,otherwise i can put it on this thread and maybe some of our wonderful restorers can do something with it ;)

Steve ;)
massey
clutterbuck
foster
searley
Hansler
Belcher

Offline nicwnacw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

Have had a lot of success with this branch of the family, but I do have a few stragglers if anyone can help I would be grateful:

Edith Honeywell b 1890 m Sep 1909 to either Robert Henry Lee or Henry Francis Waight.

John Honeywell 1858 m 1880 to Sarah J Wilkins from fareham no trace of any children James d 1910 and Sarah in 1912.

Annie E Honeywell b1879 m 1899 to either david James Lawrence or William Shooter

Ellen E Honeywell b 1880  m 1902 William Crocker or Robert Hatton

James Honeywell born Downton 1852 m Annie E from Portsmouth 1881 census, with kids James 5, William 4 Ellen 1 Annie 2 Lottie (lotty) 2 months. in the 1891 census I have the same kids but with dad as Frederick Honeywell (James had a brother Fred) plus Kate 3 and Edith 1. trying to work out if Annie and Fred were married and if so was Fred James' brother?

All help gratefully received. Trying to get a book together on all this for Mum for christmas.

Offline pompeyboy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra..did you get photo?was it any use to you?If not do you want me to put it up for restoration?

Steve :)
massey
clutterbuck
foster
searley
Hansler
Belcher