Author Topic: Prosser-breconshire  (Read 13536 times)

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Prosser-breconshire
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 January 14 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Ann Prosser ..... was ..... christened on 5 june 1828 at St Marys tabernacle-welsh Wesleyan, in Brecon. she died 1867. her father was Thomas Prosser and her mother was Jane Williams. Unfortunately this Is pretty well all the Info I have.

Is this the current situation or have there been any further developments in the interim?

I think I've traced the relevant Jane PROSSER from 1841 - 1881, when she is recorded a widow at RG11 piece 5462 folio 23 page 10.  However, I think the children recorded with her are grand-daughters (not nieces) born at Talyllyn of the marriage between Mary PROSSER and Thomas PRICE [see 1871 schedule RG10 piece 5582 folio 38 page 7]. 

For some reason I cannot find Llangasty Talyllyn via FindMyPast's search engine for 1881 addresses, but I fear the children's father, and possibly mother, may have succumbed to the smallpox epidemic that claimed some of the HUGHES family of Allt, Llangasty Talyllyn, in the early-1870s.   
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 January 14 19:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure which address you are looking for,but there is a section "Other Establishments" Llangasty-Tal-y-Llyn under Brecknock Registration District in 1881.

Regards
Roger

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks, Roger, for your prompt assistance.  I reported these  faults in their transcriptions to FindMyPast at 5.39 pm last evening but I've yet to hear back:

Can you please explain why Cathedine has been added to the address for the 1891 Census schedules for Llangasty Talyllyn in Brecknockshire, Wales?  It is an entire parish in its own right.  Whatever permutation I use I cannot locate it at all in an address search for 1881 - is it missing that year or is there an error in transcription?

I had tried every permutation I could think of in the residence slot for a person search and also for the address search, but they did not work for either.  FindMyPast have not used Llangasty Talyllyn as freestanding words and yet that is what is clearly shown on every 1881 schedule in the Civil Parish slot. ::)

SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 08:47 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you have resolved your difficulty yet,but precision of entry is key,including spacing and/or hyphens.Have you tried the exact phrase

Llangasty-Tal-y-Llyn

in the Civil Parish slot?

Regards
Roger

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, Roger, for not making it clear that my thanks were for enabling me to find the schedules. 

FindMyPast insist their transcriptions are true representations of the schedules but I find they are particularly inaccurate when it comes to the Welsh returns and, as you'll appreciate, a hyphen in the wrong place leads to a lot of frustration, particularly when the entry in this instance should read Llangasty Talyllyn!

Regards.
dee-jay