Author Topic: Donald families from Dundee and Angus areas  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Mizarae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Donald families from Dundee and Angus areas
« on: Thursday 03 May 07 16:50 BST (UK) »
I have Donald ancestors from the Dundee and Angus areas (including Kinnell, Newbigging and St Vigeans) whose ancestors came from Kinnaird by Errol, Perthshire.

If these places are familiar to your Donald ancestors, please contact me and I can provide a list of names and dates to see if we have a match somewhere.

Offline kaewa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Donald families from Dundee and Angus areas
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 September 07 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hello

I have traced my Donald's from Dundee from 1800 onwards, my Donald ancestors travelled to Birmingham in 1866 and then a few year later to Yorkshire.  I know that most of the siblings remained in the Dundee area until at least 1901. I have not got much further back than a John Donald born circa 1800 though at the moment (who was a factory overseer) who married Martha Peacock.

If any of this sounds familiar it would be good to hear from you.

Karen
After 10 years of researching my family, I am doing a One Name Study for the name Scrace and it's variants (Scrase being the main one).

Anyone who has any information on these names I would love to hear from.

Offline Mizarae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donald families from Dundee and Angus areas
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 September 07 14:47 BST (UK) »
I do not have a John Donald marrying a Martha Peacock on my tree, but I have come across a few trees that do on Ancestry.com.

According to them, John Donald and Martha Peacock  married on 9 Nov 1818 in Dundee.

If you log onto http://www.ancestry.com/search/ and type in these 2 names, it will show you who has them on their tree.

Sorry, I can't be of any more help.

Happy hunting.