Author Topic: Death Record St. Saviour Jersey  (Read 2051 times)

Offline nantuckett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Record St. Saviour Jersey
« on: Friday 04 May 07 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone--- it's nice to be onboard
  Can someone get a death record if I have all the information? 
If anyone has connections with the Best's of Channel Islands and Cornwall would love to find another connection.
Also there were two inns in St. Helier number 6 & 7 Beresford St. called the Victoria Cub does anyone have any information on them.?

Thanks loads
Nantuckett

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Death Record St. Saviour Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 June 07 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Nantucket

Sorry I didn't pick this one up earlier.

First if you want a copy of a certificate then you need to write to The Superintendent in Jersey and the details can be found at:

www.gov.je/homeaffairs/registrar

There is a charge but I can't remember what it is.

As for the Victoria Club, I'm a little confused as to where you get the information re "two inns". The Club is a Gentleman's (members only, nothing sordid!) Club and has existed sine the mid-1800's. They have a web-site at:

www.victoriaclubjersey.com

Although there is a link to the Club's history there is no information I am told that if you email them from the Contact Us link, they can provide you with the information you require.

Stewart

Offline nantuckett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Death Record St. Saviour Jersey
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 June 07 19:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Stewart.   The address that I had came from the census and it said he was living at the Victoria Club 6 & 8 Beresford St..  I will e-mail them and see what I can find out.  I had no idea that they were still in operation or what the place was.   This information that you gave me is priceless.  I will check out the website this evening.
Thank again

Nantuckett