Author Topic: Tryal Englefield of Heckfield Hamshire married 1790  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Laverdiere

• RootsChat Senior
  • "Birdie" Wedderburn
    • View Profile
Tryal Englefield of Heckfield Hamshire married 1790
« on: Friday 03 December 04 01:50 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for more about a Tryal Englefield married to a Sarah Towse in Heckfield Hampshire in 1790. Their daughter Catherine married a Charles William Beavan. The names Tryal and Englefild keep cropping up in the family so I'm wondering why Tryal was held in such esteem.

Laverdiere

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tryal Englefield of Heckfield Hamshire married 1790
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 December 04 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Laverdiere

What a good question but there doesn't appear to be an easy answer.  I have found the following in case you do not already have all this information:

Tryal (Trial) &  Sarah Englefield's children - all baptised in Heckfield (source BVRI2 FHL film no 1041307)

Ann 16 Dec 1792
John 7 May 1792
Trial 7 Apr 1794
Sarah 21 Mar 1796
Trial 3 Feb 1798
Sarah 16 Jan 1800
Catherine 19 Dec 1802
William 17 Mar 1805
Henry 8 Oct 1807

There are plenty of Englefields in the area but not another Tryal/Trial.  Nor could I find a record of his baptism.  And curiouser and curiouser, I can't find any burials which might relate to the first children in the family, who would appear to have died before their younger sibling's birth.

You certainly have a puzzle here! :D

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Laverdiere

• RootsChat Senior
  • "Birdie" Wedderburn
    • View Profile
Re: Tryal Englefield of Heckfield Hamshire married 1790
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 December 04 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Nell, I didn't know of any of their kids but ancestor Catherine and her sister Sarah who was staying with Catherine's son John Charles family during the 1881 census.

Laverdiere