Author Topic: Wilson lookup  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Shanna342

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson lookup
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 May 07 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary,

What a surprise!!!  Martha Wilson born in 1831 at Sandhoe/St John Lee is my g-g-grandmother so we must be related!

Martha married Richard Thompson in Newcastle 1858 and had three children. Richard Wilson Thompson and Mary Ellen Thompson were born in Newcastle.
The family moved to Birmingham in the mid 1860's (possibly after the death of Martha Goodman Wilson or maybe because of Richard snr job as a House Furnisher/Upholsterer) and Thomas Wilson Thompson was born there. 

1871 census shows (John) Thomas Wilson age 20 (William Wilson's son) staying with Martha in Birmingham.  1881 census shows Maud Mary Wilson age 10 (William Wilson's daughter) also staying with Martha in Birmingham.

Mary Ellen Thompson married Harry Ernest Price in 1893 and had John Wilson Price (my grandfather) in 1894.  My middle name is also Wilson so the name continues.

I would like to exchange more Wilson/Thompson info if you are agreeable.

Best wishes
Brian

Offline polycarp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 May 07 20:48 BST (UK) »
I certainly am agreeable, Brian. Where do we start? I have just joined Rootschat, having come across your message by chance when googling for Sandhoe, so I am not familiar with the process. Do we communicate directly with each other rather than through Rootschat, from now on?

Best wishes,
Mary

Offline Shanna342

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 May 07 08:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

I would prefer to communicate directly but I am not sure how we can exchange email addresses without putting them in the public domain on RootsChat.  Any ideas??

Best wishes
Brian

Offline Shanna342

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 May 07 09:53 BST (UK) »
Got your message Mary and have sent an email to you.  Awaiting your reply.

Best wishes
Brian

Offline Roundabout

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 03 June 10 11:18 BST (UK) »
Shanna, I have just come across this post again. I am the Polycarp who was involved in this discussion but I can't remember ever using that name. I am usually Roundabout and recently involved in a discussion about Lucy Wilson, Rose Cottage, Sandhoe, which you might like to look at.

Are you related to Martha WILSON born 1832 in Sandhoe? if so, I would like to get in touch with you.

Mary

Offline Roundabout

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 03 June 10 11:41 BST (UK) »
Brian, I have just realised that you are Shanna and we were in touch a few years back. when I last heard from you, you were waiting on your sister's opinion whether your Martha was the young woman in the photo I sent.

I am convinced she is, but what do you think/

Best wishes, Mary

New email address is marybround at bigpond.com