Author Topic: Bellevue, Ballymacarrett  (Read 5137 times)

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bellevue, Ballymacarrett
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 May 07 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandrake,  Have you got William and Ellens details from their marriage certificate?  They will give you the bridegroom's address and also his fathers occupation.  You've got the exact year, so get the details from Family Ulster for £4.  Let us know how you get on.  RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline mandrake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 May 07 22:30 BST (UK) »
Saw their marriage cert at PRONI. It just gave his address as 'Ballyhackamore'   :(

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 May 07 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandrake,

If you send Anthony a PM he should be able to check the 1865 and 1870 directories for you.

James Tedford's going well. The 1880 directory on the Lennon Wylie site shows that he's moved house again and the business address has also changed.  I'm not certain if he was a provisioner and making sails as the alphabetical section of the directory doesn't mention that matter.

Tedford, James, ship chandler and nail maker, 5 Donegall Quay, res., The Mount, Mountpottinger

Chris

Offline mandrake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 May 07 22:47 BST (UK) »
Sorry if I sound a bit thick here, but am still wet behind the ears !! Who is Anthony and how do I send a PM?

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 May 07 22:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry if I sound a bit thick here, but am still wet behind the ears !! Who is Anthony and how do I send a PM?

Mandrake,

Click on "your messages" at the top of the page. Then click on outbox and then on "find members" A box will appear. Type Anthony and then search. Click on the little picture and you'll get his profile. Scroll to the end
and there's a line which says send this member a private message.

Chris 

Offline mandrake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 May 07 22:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks!!

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 10 May 07 00:11 BST (UK) »
Saw their marriage cert at PRONI. It just gave his address as 'Ballyhackamore'   :(

At the time of their marriage Ballyhackamore was a little village. The house may well have been on the Upper Newtownards Road. There's a map of the village on the Ballyhackamore Village Trust website.

Offline MaryLennon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 May 07 12:49 BST (UK) »
Maggiemay's post on in Lookups on Wednesday April 25th is really helpful. She finds good information and doesn't mention the year. She made a second post and again didn't mention the year. It must be the 1901 directory though as she owns one for that year. It's a pity the LookUps site does not list all the directories that are owned by regular posters based in the north of Ireland in the same way that many other sites do including RootsChat.
 ~~~~

The Forum is now closed - http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/forumdown.htm
http://lookups.eamped
Maggiemay only has the 1901 and reference to the year was made in previous posts in that thread.

http://lookups.eamped
There is and always has been a full list of all the available Street Directories (on my Forum) for Belfast/Ulster including regular posters who have offered to do look-ups and own Street Directories, I never assume that someone with a Street Directory will automatically do look-ups, I wait until they offer that service or I ask them. It would be wrong for me to advertise Street Directories which either I don't have or are not owned by active members of my Forum, I hope this clears up the confusion Christopher's previous post may have caused.

Mary  :)
Lennon (Antrim/USA) Wylie (Antrim) Keenan (Antrim) McClelland (Antrim) Moore (Antrim)
Looking for info on John Lennon born USA around 1893

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile