Author Topic: Joseph Tuckwell born 1776 East Lockinge, Parish Records  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Tuckwell born 1776 East Lockinge, Parish Records
« on: Wednesday 09 May 07 07:22 BST (UK) »
Trying to find : Joseph Tuckwell

Born 1776 possibly in East Lockinge, Berkshire.  (now Oxfordshire)
                 Married 1810 in Great Marlow,
                      Died 1843 in the Union Workhouse (probably Cookham Union)

They were living in Cookham/Maidenhead at the time of the 1841 census and had six children. 

The reason I am asking for East Lockinge is because four of the children were recorded as being christened in both Cookham and East Lockinge.  One, only in Cookham and the last one in 1829 in East Lockinge. 

So is that where Joseph originated or maybe in one of the small villages in that area? 
Does anyone know why the christenings would have been duplicated?

Any help much appreciated,
Regards, Abiam

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Tuckwell born 1776 East Lockinge, Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 May 07 09:38 BST (UK) »
Are these baptisms the same dates?   Jill
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 May 07 10:12 BST (UK) »
Yattonharry,
They were the same dates but it has been sorted that they were not in E. Lockinge.  Two earlier children have been found and they were born near where they married (Great Marlow, Bucks) so that is where I'm looking now.
Regards, Abiam

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 May 07 14:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Abiam
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.