Author Topic: Irish roots  (Read 4291 times)

Offline RonnieG

• RootsChat Senior
  • My gr.gr.gr.............gr.grandfather
    • View Profile
Re: Irish roots
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 May 07 20:35 BST (UK) »
Cappi,

Sorry to tell you, but it is not unusual for "events" to go unregistered. I have drawn a blank on two marriages from the 1920's.

I spent hours in the GRO going through the index books from the dates before which I knew for certain that they were unmarried up until well after their children were born with no joy......sooo frustrating.

Anyway - onwards and upwards.

RonnieG
Dyer - Paignton Devon
Rhodes - Wistow, Yorkshire
Moorman- Isle of Wight
Oliver - Surrey
White & Delaney - Dublin
Acres & Jackson- Tipperary & Offaly
Dowling & Mullane - Limerick
Ryan - Kildare
Heron - Down
Woods - Tipperary

Offline CAPPI

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 May 07 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Ronnie
Yes, I know what you mean. It can be very frustrating and I have found also in my family that lots of records are just non existent.
I hate being beaten though!
I have paid a huge amount of money for a researcher in Ireland so I guess I think that if she hasn't found the records, they cannot be there but I just have to find out for myself so I will persevere until I have exhausted every avenue.
I appreciate the help you have given me so far. I am a new member of Rootschat and must confess I don't know how to get full advantage of the membership yet (don't know how to find my way around the website) but I will get there and hopefully in time, will be able to help other people who are also looking for family members.
Regards

Offline Blackadder

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 May 07 23:07 BST (UK) »
Cappi - in the next few days I will try and post some pics of the Galgorm Street/Springwell Street area. They are aerial shots which show the context of the town. They were taken in the early sixties but as a Ballymena resident, I know that these parts of the town had not changed significantly from the days of your ancestors.

Offline CAPPI

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 19 May 07 09:09 BST (UK) »
That is very kind of you, thank you.
It will be lovely to see Ballymena and hopefully, I will actually go there one day to see for myself.
I will be away from Sunday (tomorrow) until Thursday so will not be able to reply to any mails. Please bear with me, I will respond as soon as I am back.
Regards