Author Topic: Claughton burials?  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Sheila Whittingham

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Claughton burials?
« on: Saturday 04 December 04 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Please could anyone suggest  where my Great grandmothers sisters  Christiana Isabella, and Mary Louise Stortz were likely to have been buried?
They died within a day of each other of Pheumonia, aged 4 and 7 in January 1866, and died at 88 Claughton Road, which I think is now part of Birkenhead. They would more than likely be buried together.
Thankyou, Sheila.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Wynn.Wynne,Cowdrey,Cholerton,Stortz,Whittingham,Potter, Garnett,Flower,Gray,Given,Matthews,DeBruyne. Short.

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: Claughton burials?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 December 04 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
     There are many possibilities for church burials in Birkenhead, living at 88 Claughton Road would have them in the parish of Holy Trinity, it seems from reading some of your other posts that this family are a bit elusive and traveled around somewhat,this being the case they may not have belonged to one parish church or another, and could have been buried in the Flaybrick cemetery which opened in 1864.
This link will give you details of where records are kept for the various churches.

http://www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/chs/birken.htm

GOOD LUCK

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 December 04 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter,
Yes they really are a pain to find, as they are so elusive, never staying put for long and it's taken me 3 years to get as far as I have, but I'm not giving up. I have found the burial spot of one sister out of the 8 people I am trying to find, and their family motto was "HOPE" so hope I shall.
Thankyou for your input.
Regards Sheila. :)

Wynn.Wynne,Cowdrey,Cholerton,Stortz,Whittingham,Potter, Garnett,Flower,Gray,Given,Matthews,DeBruyne. Short.

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 January 05 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sheila i just noticed your post, as you will see if go to Celia's Rake Lane ( Burial look ups) There is as said by Peternet only one cemetery out of six that i could look for your Stortz burials. Thats Flaybrick Memorial Gardens, formally Cemetery. All the cemeteries are in Birkenhead except Rake Lane. It's worth a try if you would like me to see if they are there.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 January 05 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Celia,
Sorry for late reply, but we have been suffering a horendous bout of flu, which laid us low..whole family.
If you can help I would be very grateful.
Many thanks
Sheila. :) :)

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 January 05 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sheila Hope this goes it wont post :( third time lucky.
Hope you are feeling a bit better now. ???
You are still on my book for a look up ,I will be away next weekend. The archives are only open Thursday  Friday & half day Saturday.So it will be a couple of weeks before i can go again. I will reply with any finds i might get.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 January 05 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia,
Many thanks, this family are so elusive they must be on every family history site in England. The girls died on the 19th and 20th January 1866. Their father a photographer  moved from Liverpool to Claughton area around 1864 until the end of 1866 as his wife gives birth to another child in October 66 in a Manchester workhouse. The girls may be in a public grave as the family were in poor shape as the father went bankrupt in 1967. and two sons died of malnutrition in 1967 and 1869. :'(
Grateful thanks.
Sheila  :D

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 12 February 05 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sheila just stopped by to say i haven't forgotten you.I have been busy on and off RootChat with burial research.As the burial place of your Stortz is as yet unknown. I cannot do a look up at this time but i have now found that i have more burial records available to me than at first thought. You are still in my book (under Not found yet ;D ) So just in case the burials were in my area i am keeping an eye out for them. I have found recently through doing a church Yard look up. That people with (abode) Birkenhead,Liverpool are buried there. So you never know.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 12 February 05 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Celia.
If I find them in the meantime I will of course let you know.
Regards Sheila.