Author Topic: Claughton burials?  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Sheila Whittingham

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Claughton burials?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 August 05 10:20 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Celia.
Have found the girls in Flaybrick cemetery.Birkenhead museum had the books and found them for me easily, plus the funeral reciepts, showing cost, time of funeral etc.
Many thanks
Sheila. :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Wynn.Wynne,Cowdrey,Cholerton,Stortz,Whittingham,Potter, Garnett,Flower,Gray,Given,Matthews,DeBruyne. Short.

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 August 05 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Sheila

Thank you for letting me know you found you burials. When you say Birkenhead museum,do you mean the town hall.I never new They had the burial books for Flaybrick I could have saved myself a lot of time if i had known that.I wonder what else they have i don't know about ??? In fact i did a lookup in Flaybrick last week because i knew the dates.I might go back with it and see if i can get more information.They don't have a list of what is available at Archives nor do the libraries.well thy do but it's far from complete.

CeliaCelia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Sheila Whittingham

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 August 05 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia,
Found the burial records at the Town Hall, Hamilton Square.
They also had a Flaybrick  cemetery Reciept book from 1864 until beginning of 1866 which was donated by a member of the public, and gave owner of grave, time of funeral, minister, and cost, plus address of family member etc.That could be of use to someone.
However be aware that they only have Flaybrick records, for non. Conformist and Anglican, NOT Catholic. The archivist was very helpful, and she also found me street maps of the house where the girls lived at the time of their death.Even the guys on the front desk were friendly and helpful, particularly Stewart who was a mind of information..
Thankyou for your interest.
Sheila.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Wynn.Wynne,Cowdrey,Cholerton,Stortz,Whittingham,Potter, Garnett,Flower,Gray,Given,Matthews,DeBruyne. Short.