Author Topic: Smith & Hodgson Burials Harington Church Cumberland 1893-1903  (Read 2921 times)

Offline dmd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Smith & Hodgson Burials Harington Church Cumberland 1893-1903
« on: Wednesday 16 May 07 11:30 BST (UK) »
1893 Jane Hodgson (Harbour) 13th July age 4 years
1894 Jane Hodgson (Solway View) 14th July no age given
1897 William Thomas Hodgson 25th Jan age 26 years
1897 Elizabeth Smith March age 10 months
1899 Robert Smith 5th June age 7 months
1899 John Smith (Hants) 8th Nov age 29 years
1900 Laura Maria Smith (Hants) 24th April age 32 years
1900 George Hodgson 28th Aug age 2 years
1902 Izabella Hodgson 7th April age 12 years
1902 Angus Smith 7th March age 1 year
1903 Elizabeth Emma Smith 27th Sep age 4 months

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Smith & Hodgson Burials Harington Church Cumberland 1893-1903
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 May 07 19:28 BST (UK) »
On my tree I have a Jane Hodgson born 1824 Workington,she married John Graham b.1820 from Workington.It would be interesting to know if she was of the same family. If you should have any further information please contact.
                               Jsearch
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.

Offline dmd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 May 07 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jsearch i haven't done much research on my Hodgson family as yet but you never know there could be a connection .The information i have so far is Hannah Hodgson my great great grandmother was born in Harrington Workington in 1808 she married Joseph Smith they had 7 children on of which was named Jane born 1834 ,because the census only started in 1841  haven't been able to trace Hannah's family but the name  Jane does appear in the Hodgson family .I live in Whitehaven so if you need any help just let me know .I visit our local records office and they have all workington records . DMD

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 May 07 19:48 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your reply.If you visit the record office and should come across any information about my g. Grandmother x2 Jane Hodgson b.1824 Workington,I would be pleased to know,as I do not know whom Jane's parents were. Perhaps she is connected to your tree? we may find out one day.
Other ancestors I have who were born in Workington were:
             John Graham b.1820( Jane's Husband )
             Their children were...
             Thomas H. (Hodgson ) Graham b.1859 (my g.grandfather)
             Richard Graham b.1850
             John H. (Hodgson ) Graham b. 1852

David Graham b.1793 married Mary Sharp .b.1797 at St
      Michaels Workington,24 Dec1818 ( John Grahams parents )
Appreciate your help,
                                 Jsearch
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.

Offline dmd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 May 07 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi again do you have all the census for the family 1841-1901 if not just let me know.I am often looking through St Michaels Church records i was wondering if you have the marriage certificate if not i will find the entry and note the information for you also baptism records.  DMD

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 June 07 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi dmd,I have some of the census for the family,...
1841 David Graham and family Whitehaven
1851 John Graham and Jane (nee Hodgson) also Mary Hodgson,(Janes sister)
1861 John, Jane Graham & family
1871 -nil
1881 Thomas Hodgson Graham (my grt,grt ,grandfather & family)now moved from the area  to Birkenhead.
1891  & 1901  as above .
I do now have John & Janes marriage cert ,thank you,(May29 1848 Parish church Workington) Janes father was Joseph  Hodgson ,a stone mason .
I would be interested if you find any baptism or burial records for my ancestors, perhaps  John & Jane may be buried  at St Michael's? I would also like to trace David Graham and Mary Sharp both of Workington,back another generation,if possible.Any info you may find in your local records will be very usefull to me with my research.
Many thanks for offering to help,            Jsearch

Offline dmd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 June 07 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi JSearch found one baptism record that may be your family St Michaels 1864 4th Sep Sarah daughter of John and Jane Graham Workington Laborer .The next time i go i will try and find more for you ,i just had so much searching to do for my ever expanding family i ran out of time .I will be in touch soon best wishes DMD

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 02 June 07 17:41 BST (UK) »
Many thanks dmd, I don't know of a Sarah,not on census,but of course could of died shortly after birth.I will keep a note of it.
                          Jsearch