Author Topic: hmmm need help....plz !  (Read 1672 times)

Offline redspookhunter

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
hmmm need help....plz !
« on: Thursday 17 May 07 10:21 BST (UK) »
hi my nan ANASTACIA STAFFORD was born in enniscorthy in 1923 im tracing her past....trying to !
i know she was adopted by her uncle PETER STAFFORD and his wife CATHERINE in 1925 im am trying to see why and what happened to her mother MARGARET STAFFORD and why she was given up...would anyone know if there are records that would record her leaving ireland for wales? via ferry or ship? and where i could find out, would she have been collected by peter or would margaret her mother have taken her?
thx for any help  :)
.<br />COTHER bedminster glos <br />WADLEY bedminster glos<br />SMITH bridgewater somerset <br />STAFFORD wexford ireland<br />

ALSO MARRIED TO KOJAK !!!!

Offline erin21

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Olive Grove Assisi
    • View Profile
Re: hmmm need help....plz !
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 May 07 15:43 BST (UK) »
A good start would be to apply for your Grandmothers birth Cert from Dublin and see if there are any clues there.Having done research on a similar theme its possible her mother may not have been married, and the child was adopted by a relative. A very common occurrence at that time. Good luck
Erin :)
Butler  Wexford .   Smyth  Cavan.    Dooley  Liverpool.   McKay Liverpool.    Kennedy  Manchester.     Walsh  Cheshire.   Mericks  Whitehaven.   Houghton  Ashton in Makerfield.  Torpey  Cork.    Duffy  Cortaghard, Co Monaghan.   Mc Cabe   Kilkit, Co Monaghan. Jackson  Latully, Co Cavan.