Author Topic: Binning,Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland  (Read 12354 times)

Offline eastend

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Binning,Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 August 08 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Billy,

You'll see I've been struggling to attach the photos to PM, so have given up and will try here.

Will send you another PM as well.

Lesley
Anderson - Stirlingshire, Lanarkshire / Eaglesham - Ayrshire (Ballantrae) / Kirk - Dumfriesshire, Kirkcudbrightshire / Leiper - Lanarkshire / McCall - Lanarkshire, Ayrshire / McCorkindale - Argyll, Renfrewshire

Offline eastend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 August 08 11:47 BST (UK) »
Here's another two now that it works.
Anderson - Stirlingshire, Lanarkshire / Eaglesham - Ayrshire (Ballantrae) / Kirk - Dumfriesshire, Kirkcudbrightshire / Leiper - Lanarkshire / McCall - Lanarkshire, Ayrshire / McCorkindale - Argyll, Renfrewshire

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 August 08 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley, Thanks for the photos.
How long do you think it took Smith to grow that Beard!!
Your Smith Anderson who was born to John Anderson and Janet Binning was born
in 1826 so in 1889 he would have been 73 years old.
His nephew Smith Anderson born to William Anderson and Hellen Miller was born in 1867 so in 1889 he would have been 22 years old so is he 73 or 22!
Anderson=Glasgow, Denny,Bathgate,Kilsyth.
=USA  Alameda,New York,Boston,Illinois.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Black, McIntyre=Ise of Lismore
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline eastend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 August 08 13:02 BST (UK) »
Good point well made Billy.  Though if you hide his beard he's got quite young looking eyes - but still not time enough to grow that beard if he's only 22.

Offline eastend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 August 08 23:16 BST (UK) »
Found the birth of Janet Binning on 5th September 1773 to a William Binning and Janet Nisbet in Bathgate. Also found the birth date of John Anderson (21 May 1786) which explains why I didn't find out that he had children even earlier than the ones I already had.  I had his birth date as 1796 which was obviously 10 years too late.  Not got as much time to look up things now that I'm back to work. I believe my sister is going to be joining us soon!!  No show without punch!! :)

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 12 August 08 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley,
The way things are going we will have to organise an Anderson Clan gathering at uncle Jimmie,s Anderson Public Park!! though I don,t think there would be much room for any members of the public, we would have to reclaim it as Anderson property for the day!!
Your Skin 'n' blister has made contact, Kind regards Billy.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline eastend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 25 September 08 00:17 BST (UK) »

I have also just found the wills of John and Smith Anderson which I am currently working my through to decipher the writing and legal jargon.  It would appear however that John had two wives.  He left money to his family - James (New York), John (Gateshead, Newcastle), Alexander (Bathgate), William (Denny) and Smith (Denny) to his first wife;  John Rae (Illinois), Peter (New York), and Christian (Boston) to his second wife.  There is too much to mention here but I'm sure it is all the right family.  It would be good to hear your thoughts and if you think these are the same Andersons as yours. 

Hi Billy,

Totally forgot about John Anderson's three children who went to America.  Have attached some bits of information on John Rae Anderson that I found on a couple of websites and copied them onto a page of notes to go back to later.  It looks like both he and Provost Smith Anderson (his half brother?) had aspirations to hold political office and managed it on both sides of the Atlantic!  Be interested to know your thoughts.

Best Wishes

Lesley

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 25 September 08 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley, thanks for the American Anderson's info I will send you a PM, best wishes ,Billy.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline STRENG

• RootsChat Extra
  • California Andersons
    • View Profile
Anderson, Bathgate Scotland
« Reply #17 on: Friday 04 March 11 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley.

I too, have a 3xGreat Grandfather John Anderson of Bathgate. I am cleaning out my parents home and found quite a bit of 'history' of John R. Anderson. Including a photo album from the late 1800's.  My father, John R. Anderson IV, only recognizes my grandfather, J Bruce Anderson I. My brother was John R. Anderson V. My fathers Uncle was John R Anderson III and his grandfather was John R. Anderson II, Mayor of Park Ridge Illinois, 1925-1929.  I have his campaign poster hanging on the wall in my office.

Would it be possible to get copies of John Anderson's will and any other information you may have?

Wish I had this information when I was stationed with the USNavy at RAF Edzell in the 1970's!

Regards, Bruce
Anderson, Bixby, Price, Edmond, Baird