Author Topic: Major R.F.Craster,marriage to Mary McAllum,Deoli,Rajputena.  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Arfur Mo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Major R.F.Craster,marriage to Mary McAllum,Deoli,Rajputena.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 May 07 20:38 BST (UK) »
Gereon,

I've found a newspaper funeral notice for Lt Col RF Craster.

As the mourners are listed, and given that the funeral was in 1955, there might be living persons mentioned, I've sent you a PM.

Regards,
Arf

I am sorry but my emails are not working.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gereon

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 May 07 00:19 BST (UK) »
Hi steve,that Gazette site is pretty amazing. ;D I spent hours on it last night,although I didnt find all I wanted.Arf ,I look forward to reading that,many thanks to all on this board who have assisted me on this one.Gereon. :) :) :) :)
,McAllum,Argyll.McAllum, Newcastle.Donkin,Newcastle.McKechnie,Auckland.Bainbridge,Newcastle.Fenwick,Featherstone,Muschamp,Little,Craster Northumberland.Livingstone,Inverness.

Offline cws

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 July 10 17:09 BST (UK) »
Can't help with this guy in particular but there is lots of info on the Pulleines and Crasters, whom he is descended from. The Pulleines (my ancestors) were landowners in North Yorkshire/Durham/Newcastle.  There is lots about them in the North Yorks Record Office in Northallerton. John Craster married Charlotte Pulleine Roddam in 1858, the daughter of Charlotte Pulleine and William Spencer Stanhope (he took the name of Roddam on inheriting from his Roddam godfather I think).. John Craster's brother, William Robert Craster, married Mary Joanna Hincks (1868), the daughter of Thomas Hincks and Marianne Pulleine. There was alot of marrying of cousins etc.

If you know all this alrady, I apologise!