Author Topic: Lookup in London  (Read 604 times)

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lookup in London
« on: Monday 21 May 07 09:47 BST (UK) »
I am in Australia and was wondering if anyone would be able to confirm the following for me please.  Would be very greatful.
Confirm marriage between Thomas Herbert Blackmore and Florence Connett Mar qtr 1920 Marylebone.  To find out if Thomas' parents are David and Ann Amelia Blackmore on certificate to make sure it is my line.  reference 1a  p1294

Trying to find which women Ernest William Blackmore (parents David Redhouse and Ann Amelia Blackmore) married in Dec 1902 qtr Dunmow.  It is either Susannah Hall or Agnes Warlow.  Reference  4a  p1499

Thanking you as I am unable to check the parish records...many thanks for your time.

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup in London
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 May 07 10:32 BST (UK) »
I'm afraid the only way you will be able to get this information is by purchasing the marriage certificate. You can do so on line at:

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Jebber
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup in London
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 May 07 20:45 BST (UK) »
abcdef

The marriage cert would only give you the father's of the bride and groom............not the mother's names!
It will give you father's name and occupation of the bride & groom
It will give you where the bride and groom resided at time of marriage
Where they married
Witnesses (at least and normally two) to the event..........traditionally it would be family members of the couple who would be witnesses provided they were invited  ;D

However.................a birth cert

1/birth cert would give you............father and father's occupation
2/Where they lived at time of birth
3/Mother's name and Mother's maiden name
4/ Who registered the birth...........normally it was the mother, on the odd occasion it wasn't!

If they married in 1920..............do they show in the census of 1901? ..........the bride "normally" would marry in her home town!

Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk