Author Topic: 1841 census ROBERTS Lookup please  (Read 6698 times)

Offline hilbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Sawyer, Day, Richardson, Blake
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Roberts Lookup please
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 02 June 07 00:48 BST (UK) »
:)

Do you know that after all this time I do NOT know how to do the 'quote' thingy!

how do I go back and extract a sentence to quote in my new post ... :-[ :-\

deb...drinking the vino

If you go back to the post and click on the little 'quote' icon at the top right of the post it automaticaly put all that post into a quote for a new post, if you want only one line, you can click into the quote and delete the stuff you don't want to quote.

there is probably an easier way but that's how I do it
Alworthy, Blake, Burt, Clulow, Cooper, Davies, Day, De Hove/Van Hove, Farrell, Groves, Jenkins, Johnson, Jupp, Lake, Nockles, Richardson, Sawyer, Smith, Stubbings, Williamson

<br />Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hilbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Sawyer, Day, Richardson, Blake
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 02 June 07 01:06 BST (UK) »

ummmm ...who were the kids in 1871 living with John Harvey snr and Mary(alias Jemima) ...what dates were they born ... if any were born prior to the census taking in 1871, then the John and Mary Harvey you have in 1871 is wrong ..or else the child/ren are staying with rellies!

deb ::)

In 1871 there are 5 children, John age 14, Richard age 11, Frederick age 9, Harriet age 6 and Henry age 4
I can't see Richard in 1861, so that's a bit weird.

Hil
Alworthy, Blake, Burt, Clulow, Cooper, Davies, Day, De Hove/Van Hove, Farrell, Groves, Jenkins, Johnson, Jupp, Lake, Nockles, Richardson, Sawyer, Smith, Stubbings, Williamson

<br />Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fizzybubble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 02 June 07 06:09 BST (UK) »
To be a good citizen and tidy up after you lot in 1881 :

Richard Harvey is a cook in Bradford
Frederick Harvey is AB on board HMS Duke of Wellington in Portsmouth

The only Harriett  of the right age and birthplace I can find  is in a workhouse in Shropshire.

John Harvey (or someone) had been back after 1871 for Jemima/Mary/Jane to have had four more children. By speaking quite broadly (after the red wine) Jemima can become Janemima.

Fizzy
Cornwall - Mutton Brown Trevethan Mugford Higham
Yorkshire - Thirlwall