Author Topic: Whitford look up please  (Read 3162 times)

Offline keithR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Whitford look up please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 July 07 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi i am related to the Carringtons of Halkin
My Greatgrandmother was a Sarah Ann Carrington born 1864 Pentre Halkin  fathers name Francis Carrington born 1827 Halkin  wife Catherine Roberts.His Fathers name was Thomas Carrington birth unknown wife Dorothy Jones. i havent been able to go but Any help or information would be truly appreciated

Keith R
RYAN,ROUE,LEATHERBARROW,HOLME,FAIRCHILD,JONES,JACKSON,
CARRINGTON

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
HALKYN CARRINGTONS
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 July 07 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hi KeithR
I would like to be able to say "cousin" but am still trying to work through the Carrington mysteries.  Hopefully we can help each other :) Everything I've learned about your branch of the Carringtons was found in the Halkyn Parish Registers and from the IGI and censuses. 

Your Thomas Carrington was baptised Apr 11, 1790 in Halkyn and married Dorothy Jones circa 1813-1814.  Their first child Margaret was baptised  Mar 19, 1815   
Thomas's parents were John Carrington bap Dec 8, 1750 and Luce Parry bap Jun 12, 1743, married Oct 11, 1777 Halkyn. 
John's parents were Francis Carrington & Elizabeth Williams married Nov 27, 1743 Halkyn. 

As I said earlier in the thread I am still trying to puzzle out Francis' origins as I believe he was related to my brickwall John Carrington who married in 1743 in Llanarmon, who appears to be the founder of the Coedpoeth branch of the Carrington family.

I would be happy to email you more details if you send me a PM.

Heather

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keithR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Whitford look up please
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 July 07 22:37 BST (UK) »

Regards
Keith R
RYAN,ROUE,LEATHERBARROW,HOLME,FAIRCHILD,JONES,JACKSON,
CARRINGTON

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
UPDATE
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 July 07 21:38 BST (UK) »
Have located the baptism of Francis Carington in Holywell 1720, father John - no mother listed.  So that is one brickwall down and one to go.

Still looking for the baptism of John Carington or Carrington - probably 1721-1722 (he married in 1743)  Whitford, Halkyn and  Holywell have all been checked but no sign.  Any thoughts on where to try next?

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk