Author Topic: tyrley castle farm  (Read 3523 times)

Offline emj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
tyrley castle farm
« on: Wednesday 23 May 07 22:56 BST (UK) »
Im trying to find some information on Sarah Eley born 1743.  died 1798  but cant find a single mention. I dont know anything about her except that she had a connection with the Boulton family from Moreton Say and she was also connected with Tyrley Castle farm. Im also looking for a mention of Stamford Villa farm as the Boulton family lived here at one time but again ive no dates for this. Does anyone know were i might find a record of these farms anywere, it would be a great help. thanks,       EMJ                                                                   

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Re: tyrley castle farm
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 May 07 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hi There.....

I have just "googled" the name of of Tyrley Castle, and there is a bit of information on the area.....
I didn't read every thing, but it may be worth a look..

Kind regards

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline emj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 May 07 00:22 BST (UK) »
hi                                                                                               I didnt think of that so ive just done it but it doesnt give any info on the farm, and there is no mention of a Sarah Eley anywere at all but many years later one of our ancesters was named George Eley Mousdale Boulton so there has to be a reason for that. Its becoming a real mystery.  Thank you for taking the time to look for me though.    EMJ

Offline Black Night

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Wife's Cat Guinness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 May 07 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi emj it's me again  Tyrley Castle farm as far as know is owned  and has been owned for many years by the  Telwrights ( I think thats how it's spelt) the farm is just out of the town on what is called the Hinstock road. Eley is a common name in this area and I know quite a few of them  they could possibly be related. she may have worked for them. I've not heard of Stamford Villa, there is a place called Stamford Bridge on the main A41 road about 6 miles out of Market Drayton it could around there ?  As before if a can help please send me a post or PM. regards BN.

Offline emj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 June 07 20:52 BST (UK) »
Hi BN thanks for that info il look into the telwright name and see wot that brings. all we have at the moment is a piece of paper with this wrote on "sarah eley, some connection to thomas boulton" my grandfather wrote it many years ago when he was looking in to the family tree but we cant find a single thing about her.two generations later there is a child in the boulton family given the name eley as one of his names.maybe we will find the connection one day, emj.

Offline Woba

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 May 10 22:44 BST (UK) »
Just reading your notes on Sarah Eley and wondering as a long shot whether its the Sarah Chawner who married Thomas Eley as mentioned on my scrap of paper! 
Also regarding George Eley Mousdale Boulton another letter we have mentions an Aunt Brutton (I think - writing not too clear) but now you got me thinking it could be Boulton! I think this Aunt Brutton is sister to George Eley the butcher from Burslem.
Again, more time and delving are required on my part!
We'll sort it one day!

Woba

Offline LeedsHipPriest69

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 21:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry to intrude on you, but did any of your Boultons move to Hanley Staffordshire per chance ?

Benn (Yorkshire), Cock (Ashill, Norfolk), Dickinson (Newton on Trent and Saxilby, Lincolnshire)  Rhodes (Yorkshire), Tew (Shropshire/Staffordshire), Wilks (Yorkshire)

Offline Woba

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 22:53 BST (UK) »
No nothing of where they live except the mention of an Aunt Boulton.  I'm hoping to find out more!