Author Topic: WINTER FAMILY. DYMOCK  (Read 3802 times)

Offline chrissieing

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
WINTER FAMILY. DYMOCK
« on: Sunday 05 December 04 23:35 GMT (UK) »
I would like to hear from anyone with any information about the WINTER family.  Particularly ALLEN WINTER & wife FLORENCE who had a shop in BROOMSGREEN in 1901. ALSO Elizabeth Winter b.1793 who gave birth to 2 illigitimate sons Thomas b.1813 & George b.1815. Elizabeth then married Thomas Morgan in 1820. Many thanks

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: WINTER FAMILY. DONNINGTON
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 04 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Try to give us an idea of what time period we are looking at, please.

Addition on 20th December - I have just seen that the original message was substantially added to - that makes my original reply appear to be absurd - but it wasn't 8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: WINTER FAMILY. DYMOCK
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 December 04 22:38 GMT (UK) »
This appears to be the GRO index number for the marriage of Allen Winter to Florence Emma Pickett.

Name Year Quarter District County Volume Page

Winter, Allen 1891 June Ledbury Herefordshire Hereford and Worcester Worcestershire 6a 817

Your most important step would be to buy this certificate as it will allow you to work backwards in time.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk