Author Topic: DOBSON,ADAM Musselburgh Midlothian  (Read 2077 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
DOBSON,ADAM Musselburgh Midlothian
« on: Friday 01 June 07 05:31 BST (UK) »
I am seeking info on ADAM DOBSON.I believe he was born 1875.
I found him on the 1891 census in Hawick,Rox living with his grandparents.
Then I find him in 1896 married in Inveresk ,Musselburgh to a JANET CORMACK
Then I find him in the 1901 census of Inveresk, Musselburgh age 26,Baker by trade ,living at 36 Bridge Street.
He was with his wife Janet age 25 and it appears his 1st child JANETTA DOBSON age 3.
I would dearly love to find more on this family and any descendants.
Are there any DOBSON left in Musselburgh?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.!!
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: DOBSON,ADAM Musselburgh Midlothian
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 June 07 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi ajjbc

Just as background, I wonder if Adam's birth was illegitimate (?). He shows in 1881 with his grandparents under Waldie:

Adam Waldie    6, grandson, b. Hawick
Elizabeth K Waldie 57, b. Hawick
Robert Waldie    54, Woollen Frame Work Knitter, b. Hawick
Robert Waldie    25, son, Hosiery Warehouseman, b. Hawick

Address: 6 Round Close, Hawick

There is also a birth entry showing in Hawick for an Adam Waldie in 1875 on Scotlands People.

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 June 07 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Monicalesl...Oh yes.He was the illegitimate son and was living with his grandparents and by "paying the piper" at Scotspeople I got his birth,used the census and then "paid the piper" and got his marriage cert.
He has been over the years a name of great wonder and since I am of late attempting to track all members of all families that I am researching,the crunch comes down to putting out some loot.
As Adam Dobson was a Baker,I had hoped he might have stayed in one place and raised his family.
Hoping this post will bring someone to light.
Thanks for your reply.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 June 07 16:19 BST (UK) »
I paid "the piper" and took a Chance and found more on the ADAM DOBSON and family I am seeking.
ADAM DOBSON and his wife JANET CORMACK had 4 more children born after
Janetta Dobson she was born in 1898.
There was Henry Raeburn Dobson born 1901,[
b]Rachel Mary[/b]( 1st) Dobson born in 1902,
Adam Dobson born in 1904 (I got his cert.)and
Rachel Mary (2nd) born in 1906.
All were born in Musselburgh Inveresk,Midlothian.
Would really like to track these children down and make contact.
Thanks for any help all you RootsChat members!!

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 June 07 01:53 BST (UK) »
OK...I "paid the piper" for all certificates and would you all believe it...
..Henry Raeburn Dobson   born 1901 is not in the above family.
Just goes to show one must never assume.
Yet he fit in so very well.   :'(
Still would like contact with any Dobson who's ancestor was a Baker in Musselburgh,Midlothian.