Author Topic: WOOLERTON  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WOOLERTON
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 May 13 10:30 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)hey wild goose tell you what when im in next i willhave a look on the shelf for you any way i have the family trees from it and my aunts husbands family are on it as well the oxford family they came from ellistown and bagworth .i was going togo the libary tuesday ended up at ashby muesum and they have a book which o brought and has the Elliotts in as well its called the Memorial Inscriptions of ashby a survey of the gravestones and  monuments in the church yards of  St Helens and Holy trinity
ashby de la zouch .
Danone

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 May 13 10:48 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)hi wildgoose
ive been trying to get on to a website called Genforum
a lady in austraila has been doing my grandads side of the family the woolmans from turlangton leicestershire  his mum was fanny freer from shepshed any wayshe is related to them but youtry and get on to the site i dont know were to start ,my mum married into the woolmans in 1960 st micheals alangels markfield her name was linda cooper born markfield lane newtown linford 1941 father ernest cooper 1907 markfield father joseph cooper 1875 markfield blacksmith his mother mary ellen massey josephes father was charles cooper born 1800 barlestone  he married elizabeth geary 1830 in thornton and it was their dau that married john elliott born 1825 whitwick .
Danone

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 May 13 23:33 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)hi david
its steve in markfield
how are you hope alls well been doing ok with family history found another relative he is Bradford from the elliott side of the family to mum and i think from my grans side of the family,my gran lived on belvoir Road coalville her family were page and walker  and hurst from bowley hurst silver street and north street whitwick and osgathorpe the one part of bradford come from coleorton and married into the elliott family .
steve
been meaning to ring you been to the caravan in norfolk for 11 days  so not had much time have you found any thing else yet your self .i whent to ashby muesum on tues and  and brought a book with some names in from the elliott side .
these are inscriptions on head stones
elliott charles 13/10/1800 area A 07 number 017 grid 2c

elliott Hannah ?/09/1775 area A 07 num 016 grid 3b

elliott Timothy 10/01/1782 area A 07 nu 016 3b

hope this helps you some what
speak to you soon on the phone

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 May 13 22:06 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi david
its steve in markfield
hope you get this meassage please ring tom but not in the morning im then any other time will be ok.
ste

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 12:19 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)
Hi wildgoose
might go in to the libarytoday and have a look for the book.
Danone

Offline Jojo85

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I too am researching the Woolerton family tree, Woolerton is my maiden name. My great grandma and grandad were elsie (nee oxford) and William Woolerton.

I would be really grateful for any information you would be happy to share

Jo