Author Topic: Photo needs cleaning please  (Read 2279 times)

skippy

Re: Photo of a sketch needs cleaning please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 June 07 04:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Another one for your growing collection.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 June 07 06:32 BST (UK) »
Are you sure it's a sketch Kate?  Looks like a photo to me (a photo of a photo...).  Either way it's gorgeous!  :)

Offline 4kithnkin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 June 07 12:11 BST (UK) »
Amazing results!!
Thank you so much Gar, Sharon, Mudge, Cazza and Skippy, I had no idea she was so beautiful  ;D The colours are incredible Caz!

Are you sure it's a sketch Kate? Looks like a photo to me (a photo of a photo...). Either way it's gorgeous! :)

You're probably right Prue, you know more about this than my aunt. She saw the image when she was young and was sure it was a drawing. I took her word for it.
The finish appears to have all the markings of an old photo and if you think so it must be ... I'll pass your findings along to her.
Thanks all!  :D
Kate

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 June 07 12:32 BST (UK) »
Actually what it might be is a photo that has had overdrawing or overpainting applied (by the photographer).  They were pretty common  :)  Sometimes all you can see is the overdrawing, because the photo underneath has faded away.

Prue

Offline 4kithnkin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 June 07 13:07 BST (UK) »
Actually what it might be is a photo that has had overdrawing or overpainting applied (by the photographer). They were pretty common :) Sometimes all you can see is the overdrawing, because the photo underneath has faded away.

Prue

Hi Prue
I didn't realize photos were overpainted. Thank you for the explanation and your expertise!

Kate