Author Topic: Obituary - Ernest Lambert of Swinton  (Read 2924 times)

Offline 4kithnkin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Obituary - Ernest Lambert of Swinton
« on: Thursday 07 June 07 11:38 BST (UK) »
Found this obituary on the back of old newsclipping, unknown year, possibly 1920s or 30s, not related to me. Happy to share photocopy.

Obituary of Mr. Ernest LAMBERT (72) of "Wykefield", White Lea Road, Swinton. Mr. Lambert, until his retirement, seven years ago, was an engine driver stationed at the Mexboro Depot of the then Great Central Railway Company. where he had served for more than 45 years. The interment took place at St. Margaret's Church, Swinton, on Monday, the Rev. T.G. ROGERS officiating. The mourners were: Mrs. E. Lambert (widow), Mr. and Mrs. J.W. Lambert (son and daughter-in-law), Doncaster; Mr. H. Lambert (son). Mr. and Mrs. Donald M. WILSON. Mr. and Mrs. H. BOAM, Nottingham (daughters and sons-in-law); Mr. M. F. Wilson (grandson); Mr. W. STEEL (brother in law), Penistone; Mrs. G. W. EMMERSON (sister-in-law), Scunthorpe, Mr. and Mrs. P. DIBB (cousins), Doncaster; Miss E. HARRISON, Wath.
Floral tributes were from Wife; Jack and Millie; Harry and Sally; Annie. Donald and Maxwell; Laura and Harry, Redbourne; Annie and Percy, Doncaster; Mrs. H. Steel, Grimsby; Mr. and Mrs. C. PRIESTLY, Mexboro'.
The funeral arrangements were in the hands of Messrs. W. M. BANKS and Son, Swinton.  C2902
___
Advertisement
For undertaking in all its branches under modern and hygienic conditions ensuring also that courtesy and respect for those finer feelings such occasions demand, consult Alfred BULL, The Modern Funeral Director, Swinton. Tele.: Mex 248, Day and Night Service.

Kate

Offline Craig Mollekin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Obituary - Ernest Lambert of Swinton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 December 10 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate,

Would you have any objections to me using this obituary for my project?  Ernest's grave can be viewed here:-

http://c.mollekin.net/portal/swintonpeopletree/index.php?a=person/1/i_I1173/ernest-lambert

Best Wishes,

Craig Mollekin

Offline 4kithnkin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Craig,
Feel free to use ... I'm glad the info found its way home.
Regards,
Kate

Offline Craig Mollekin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate,

That's great, many thanks.

Craig