Author Topic: general rootschat questions  (Read 1062 times)

Offline diana1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
general rootschat questions
« on: Friday 08 June 07 09:02 BST (UK) »
Dear Moderator,

My apologies for this being a general question.

I am having problems with rootschat in general.   I seem to have two accounts and cannot amalgamate them.      Also we are not getting notification of emails.     I cannot find a link to contact for a rootsweb general query.

Can you help please
Diana and Jim

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: general rootschat questions
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 June 07 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana and Jim

I am not aware of a way of amalgamating accounts either.  You could try sending a PM to Trystan to see whether it can be done.

You should get notifications as a default, have you checked whether you have turned them off - look at your Profile - Notifications.

You will no longer get notifications for the TOTb - this was stopped a few months ago.  The other issue is - have you actually had any replies?  No replies = no notifications.

I wonder whether you will get on for this post?

This is the right place to post general questions about Rootschat (not Rootsweb though, lol!)

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline diana1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: general rootschat questions
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 July 07 12:54 BST (UK) »
Dear Arranroots,

I have worked out that I think the problem was with my changing email address so I have opened a new account in my name and that seems to be sending me the notification emails now.

thank you for your help
Diana