Author Topic: how to find decendant born after 1906  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Amanda_Keeling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
how to find decendant born after 1906
« on: Saturday 09 June 07 08:35 BST (UK) »
HI

Im trying to trace the decendants of a Sarah Jane Stanners b1882 (motherwell) who married (19/06/1908) Robert Hardie c1882 (Ashkirk, Selkirkshire)

I know who their children are -
George 1906,
 Margaret 1909,
 Robert 1911,
 William1912,
 Sarah1914,
 James 1914,
 Thomas1915,
 David 1917,
 Christina 1920,
 Mathew1921,
 Isabella 1923,
 Jessie 1924,
 elizabeth 1925

What I am trying to find is who these people married and what children they had.

They were all born in motherwell.

The reason I am trying to do this is I have been tracing my family line for sometime and the Hardie name appears alot up to present day. My grandmother was Margaret Hardie Walker Cunningham and she married into wallace, and my direct decendants all have Hardie/hardy as a middle name.

She was one of 10 children others were -
Robert
Thomas =Jessie
William=Annie
Andrew=Maeme
Marion=John Mlroy
Eitha(Isia)=Jock Weir
Agnes=David Allison
Mary=Ian WIlson
James=?
Margaret=James Wallace (MY grandparents)

This is the only link I have where christian names seem to match and they are all from Lanarkshire area. My family grew up in Shotts, Whitburn, Lanark etc

So hopefully I can find some march via decendants
thanks in advance

Offline poppysmum

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Granpa Wilson and Cousin Dod - Peebles Cemetery
    • View Profile
Re: how to find decendant born after 1906
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 June 07 14:03 BST (UK) »
The only way I know how do do that is to go to the register house in Edinburgh.  We did that for the same reason.  You pay for the day but you can look at all entries up to the present day.  You would be able to search for these person's marriage certificates and then birth or death certificates.
caroline
Whytes, Durness; Bulloch, lanarkshire; Wilson, lanarkshire; Wilson, peebleshire; Rickelton, Glasgow; Harris, ayrshire and glasgow ; Steele, ayrshire; Duffy, leith Smith, Leith;  Stewart, ayrshire and Glasgow

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 June 07 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Amanda

Fraid this one is a trip to GROS in Edinburgh or their sister site at Park Circus in Glasgow. Tho be aware if you want hard copies of any births post 1906 you have to pay £13 for them - so be prepared to make lots of notes. Entry at Edinburgh is £17 and Glasgow £13. You need to book well in advance especially for Glasgow site which is much smaller.

Same thing applies to marriages post 1931 and deaths post 1956.

Anything before that you can run of a print and collect later . They are 40p each.

A small tip. GROS closes at 4.30. Make sure you leave time before that to collect your prints cos that part closes 4.30sharp as well.

Cheers

Ann

Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline poppysmum

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Granpa Wilson and Cousin Dod - Peebles Cemetery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 June 07 15:59 BST (UK) »
They are 40p each.

they were 50p when i was there a few weeks ago  ;)
Whytes, Durness; Bulloch, lanarkshire; Wilson, lanarkshire; Wilson, peebleshire; Rickelton, Glasgow; Harris, ayrshire and glasgow ; Steele, ayrshire; Duffy, leith Smith, Leith;  Stewart, ayrshire and Glasgow

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 June 07 16:10 BST (UK) »
Crikey

Inflation! Was 40p in February.

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-