Author Topic: Sarah Eades relatives, early 1800's  (Read 1605 times)

Offline scobie79

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah Eades relatives, early 1800's
« on: Saturday 09 June 07 08:53 BST (UK) »
              Sarah Eades was born c. 1818 at West Horsley (1851 census). She married Richard Miall in 1835 at West Horsley and, after his demise, she married William Chatfield at Esher in 1847. William Chatfield and Sarah's children were born at Oxshott/Stoke D'Abernon and Tolworth.
              At this stage, I am looking for any information about Sarah Eades' brothers and sisters (if any), and about her parents. According to Sarah's marriage certificate, her father was a William Eades. The I.G.I. also gives a Sarah Eades baptised in 1818 in Esher - perhaps the Sarah in this enquiry.
               Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
                                                                  Scobie

Offline anne77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Eades relatives, early 1800's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 June 07 22:24 BST (UK) »
I have an Eliza Ede born in Esher 1835  in my tree, her mother (I think) was Kazia Ede born approx 1811 in Horsley,   On Eliza's marriage certificate her father is William Ede.  Kazia later married John Steptoe in Esher 1836.  Not quite sure how it fits in with your Sarah Eades!

Offline scobie79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 June 07 14:04 BST (UK) »
                   Thanks for the response, Anne. Unfortunately, until I can find some information regarding Sarah Eades' brothers and sisters and her parents, I am unable to connect her with any other family members. And according to the 1841 census there are an awful lot of Eades/Edes/Ede members in the Guildford area. Just have to persevere and hope something turns up.
                                                              Regards,
                                                                        Scobie

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 June 07 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Scobie,

What was William Eades occupation?

At the time of her first marriage she was recorded as being of the parish of West Horsley.  What was the birthplace for Sarah in 1851 census?  That might help track her family down.

Nell

Modified:  :-[  I see you've told me that already.  West Horsley is not the same place as Esher and there is distance between them, rather than being neighbouring parishes.
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scobie79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 June 07 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hallo Nell.
               Thanks for contacting me. According to her marriage certificate to William Chatfield, Sarah's father was a labourer, probably agricultural considering the area. I agree that the Esher baptism does not seem to be the likely one - West Horsley to Esher is a long way to travel for a baptism.
                I have just found in the I.G.I. a reference to a marriage of a William Eades to Elizabeth, both of and married in Stoke next Guildford in 1815. A possibility, in the right sort of area, but we all know how piecemeal the I.G.I. coverage is.
                 I am sure the answer lies somewhere in the area near Guilford.
                                                  Regards,
                                                            Scobie