Author Topic: Great Grandmother-Completed With Grateful Thanks  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Woodentop50

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scan your photos at 300to600 ppi..........or else
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandmother
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 13 June 07 20:08 BST (UK) »
I appreciate this lovely lady is from Australia , but she didnt have to put a lamb on her head  :o :o :o

Jim
WOOD in  Hunslet  area of Leeds , West Yorkshire
WOOD in Knottingley , West Yorkshire

Scan your photos at 300 to 600 ppi for best results

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 13 June 07 20:12 BST (UK) »
Lol Jim! I think it caused a world shortage of lace that season  ;D ;D ;D

It is a beautiful picture and the restores and colouring are brilliant!  I can't do the fancy frames or porcelain effect yet, I will leave that up to you guys while I practice on the quiet  ;)

jc
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 13 June 07 20:44 BST (UK) »
Aw thanks for that Poll...maybe you've found a niche in the market there....Wouldn't it be something to have your rellie's physog on a Lavendar Pot Pourri pomander ;D ;D ;D
T.T.
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Tissy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 14 June 07 05:17 BST (UK) »
O.K. All,

You asked for it, I am just about to post a few more photos. I can't have you all sitting there twiddling your thumbs.

As a matter of interest, Emily was married a month and a day short of her 17th brithday. She was so beautiful and she also had an interesting life. I'll let you all know if and when I get her story published.

Thanks again for all your wonderful work.
Regards,
Tissy aka Alfred aka Di XXX ::) ;D :D ;) :D

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 14 June 07 12:58 BST (UK) »
I just keep going backto this pic ....here's another version ! ;)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Tissy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 15 June 07 06:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Poll,

You have just blown me away with this version. All the work by everyone has been just magnificent.

I was about to mark this as completed but if you would like, I will leave it on for a while longer. I have always loved the photo myself, the original hangs on my bedroom wall. However now I think there will be versions of it all around the house. You are all so gifted and I thank everyone.

Regards,
Tissy