Author Topic: Doran/Murray  (Read 5882 times)

Offline Pete E

• RootsChat Member
  • Man in his natural environment
    • View Profile
Re: Doran/Murray
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Frances; I have know idea if Eliza is related to my Dorans, but will keep her in mind.
Northumberland; Mann, Lynn, Waters, Pyle, Murray.   Yorkshire; Ellis, Heckison, Proctor.<br />Lincolnshire; Wilkinson, Dawson.<br />Cumberland; Doran, Murray. Cheshire; Sutton,

Offline Jo3

• RootsChat Member
  • Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 March 05 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have just found Bernard Doran still in Whitehaven 1891.
RG 12/4316/22/2
9 Front Row, New Houses.
Bernard DORAN, H, M, 60, Coal Miner.
Mary, W, M, 58.
James, S, Unm., 21, Coal Miner.
Elizabeth A., D, Unm., 18, Domestic General Servant.  All born Whitehaven.

RG 12/4316/12/17.
Another Bernard, 53 yrs at 93 Middle Row. Can't be brothers but possibly cousins??  Wife Ann 50 yrs.  Son Thomas 27 yrs. Son in Law, Robert H SCOTT, 26., Daughter, Margaret A., 25 yrs. Grand-daughters-Elizabeth A (3), Mary A (1).  As you see, the names are almost identical so thought they ought to be mentioned.

Regards

Joan

Offline charlesmkeenan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Doran/Keenan
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 June 05 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hello:
I have a Bernard Doran that married my Susannah Keenan in 1865, Maryport, Cumberland, ENG. Susannah was born in 1838 in Ireland.
They had a son, John Doran born in 1881. I have Susannah's family originally located in the Dearham area of Cumberland, ENG after IRL. I have found Susannah's brother , John Keenan, who was baptized in Kircubbin, Co. Down in 1835. Her parents were Felix and Sarah (McQuoid) Keenan; b. IRL in 1814/1809.

Interestingly enough, the sponsers for John's baptism were Lucinda Dorrian and Robert McShane. I am told that Dorrian is a county Down variation of Doran.
I can't put my hands on it, but I believe I saw a Doran listed in one of the Workington area census, living in the home of a Felix Keenan and listed as a nephew.
If anyone has any additional info on these families, drop me a line.
Best regards,
Chuck Keenan

Offline charlesmkeenan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Doran/Keenan
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 June 05 02:09 BST (UK) »
I just found the census reference:
It is from the 1881 British Census
Thomas Keenan;35 Coal miner; IRL
Mary Keenan; 33, wife; Cumberland
John Doran; 5 months; nephew, Maryport, Cumberland
Sarah Keenan; 79; Annuitant, IRL

This fits in with previous info re: Bernard Doran marrying Susannah Keenan and the birth of John Doran in 1881.  The ages and names match my gr-gr gr grandmother, Sarah Jane (McQuoid) Keenan and her son, Thomas; b. 1845.

Chuck Keenan

Offline Fabregas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 February 17 15:48 GMT (UK) »
I think that the Bernard Doran b Whitehaven 1831 is a younger brother of my direct ancestor Eliza Doran b 1822 Isle of Man d 1866 Whitehaven. I have found Eliza on 1841 on Newhouses living with Bernard and other brothers and her mother Margaret. Does anyone know when her father Patrick Doran died?

Offline Pete E

• RootsChat Member
  • Man in his natural environment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 July 17 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Fabregas it's been a while but I agree that Eliza is the elder sister of my Bernard. I Think she was baptised in the Isle of Man, her father was Patrick Doran (can't find death) and mother Margaret Cain. Cheers
Northumberland; Mann, Lynn, Waters, Pyle, Murray.   Yorkshire; Ellis, Heckison, Proctor.<br />Lincolnshire; Wilkinson, Dawson.<br />Cumberland; Doran, Murray. Cheshire; Sutton,