Author Topic: Latham in Whitchurch  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Kohanacho

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Latham in Whitchurch
« on: Tuesday 07 December 04 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hey
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me find out some information about my grandparents and beyond.
This is the information i have so far

Albert Latham Head of the household. Born around 1909 (i think). I know he was involved in WW2, something along the lines of building bridges. He died in 1962

Daisy Elizabeth Latham Born 1919 and died 1986.

They had 5 children (which includes my mother) and a child from my grandfathers previous marriage.
The children's names are as follows
Peggy, Margret, Pauline, Lesley and Hilary.
plus Jimmy from my grandfathers previous marriage.

If anyone has any information,no matter how small, would be greatfully appreciated.

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latham in Whitchurch
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 December 04 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to our site. This is not really a great place to find people born after 1901 as most of the research material avilable to us is from then or before. However, you can always strike it lucky and find a cousin who does know the answer.
We are more likely to be able to take you back further than into the 20th century but I wish you luck. :)
You may find the Beginners Board contains all sorts of information that would be valuable to you. ;)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wimsey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Latham in Whitchurch
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 October 05 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hello
I believe Albert Latham was my Dad's brother, there were four boys (Earnest, Albert, Fred, Lionel) and two girls (Florrie and one girl who died in infancy ) in the family. Albert was the second oldest.
Their mother married again after their father died and they had two more children ( Dennis and another boy who also died as a child)
Albert was in the Army in WW2 in a transport regiment. His first wife was called Beatie.
My Dad remembers Jimmie as a child but thinks they had two more girls?
Daisy had four sisters and came from Lyonshall near Kington, Herefordshire. We think her maiden name was Davies
I have quite a lot more (interesting!!) information but will wait to see if u reply since this has been posted for nearly a year and u may have given up!