Author Topic: Brettenham Marriage - ROSIER & SNELL  (Read 5801 times)

Offline mortieau

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Brettenham Marriage - ROSIER & SNELL
« on: Saturday 16 June 07 13:49 BST (UK) »
Can someone help me with a marriage I have across of Robert Rosier and Mary Snell in Brettenham dated either 18/9/1732 or 8/9/1733. In the Cosford database they say Mary Snell was born C1793 in Lavenham, so that would make her about 40 at the time of this marriage. As this seems rather an advanced age to marry for the first time I wondered if her marriage entry in the Bettenham PR says if she is single/widow and says anything about her being from Lavenham?

Thanks
John

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Brettenham Marriage - ROSIER & SNELL
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 June 07 22:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
Robert & Mary are part of my family tree and one I havent yet managed to check this marriage or Marys date of birth  1693(not1793 ;D)
there were so many rosiers/roziers/roshiers most had same names :-\
there son William who married Ann head is my connection to Robert.
I have often wondered about Marys date of Birth cos she would have been 51 when last daughter Elizabeth was born..........as for aprevious marriage there is one son atttributed to them Henry who was born prior to the marriage date.  I have quite a bit on rosiers but not the answer to your question

can I ask your connection? do we have a connection??

sandie      am hoping to get to suffolk this summer for some more research
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mortieau

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 June 07 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandie,
Yes I also have been suspicious of this Mary Snell born C1693 in Lavenham, and now they seemed to have taken down the Lavenham entries in the Cosford Data Base its hard to check but the IGI has this Mary d/o Edward bpt in 1690 so that would make Mary even older.

My connection is through Robert Rosier & Mary Snell's son also Robert bC1733 who married Mary Head 1753 Hitcham, then through their daughter Hannah Rosier b1767 Hitcham who married David Armstrong 1786 Hitcham.

If you come across anything on this  Robert Rossier & Mary Snell I would be interested to hear about it.

Best
John

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 June 07 17:27 BST (UK) »
looks like we have 2 connections then  as mary head was williams wife Anns sister.

sandie
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mortieau

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 June 07 05:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandie,
Thats right Ann Head bpt 2/7/1738 and Mary Head bpt 22/8/1736 both d/o Francis Head/Hood and "the Widow Breckles" who married in Hitcham 16/7/1734. I think Widow Breckles was Sarah Chaplin who married John Breckles 1718 in Hitcham and had at least 4 children, the last I have is Sarah Breckles bpt 26/8/1722.

Francis Head was also married before to Elizabeth...... 1728 Hitcham and had at least one child Elizabeth Head/Hood bpt 2/5/1730. Mother Elizabeth was buried 23/6/1731 Hitcham.

That's as far as I have got with that branch.
Have you been able to get anymore, like any siblings of Ann & Mary Head?

Best
John

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 June 07 22:12 BST (UK) »
Have to be honest and say I havent as yet researched the Head family. I have worked on the Rosiers, I have all their children and all Roberts siblings but other than hearing somewhere of an older sister Sarah possibly from Lavenham,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I will recheck my files

sandie

Offline keverest

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 February 12 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I to am researching Robert Rosier and mary snell...I am conected through James Rosier 1788-1870 who came to Tasmania, Australia...I would be interested in any information on this family...Thank you :)

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 February 12 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There is so much on this family not sure where to start...presume you know about James & his brother John(my family) both being convicts transported to Australia
James in 1821 and John in 1834.............both men had families in Suffolk England and both went on to marry and have other families in Australia.

As I dont know how much you have already ....before I reply fully perhaps you could let me know what in particular you want.
It may be easier as there is so much to PM and give each other our emails

sandie

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 February 12 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Keverest and welcome to Rootschat  ;D

When you have made three posts to the board, you can PM anyone on the boards.  This is the way to exchange private details such as email addresses.

Make another two posts and you can send a private message to Sandiep  ;D

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?