Author Topic: Henry Sharp 1801, Breedon, Stanton, Worthington,  (Read 1332 times)

Offline dps

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Sharp 1801, Breedon, Stanton, Worthington,
« on: Saturday 16 June 07 18:29 BST (UK) »
I'm struggling to find details of Henry Sharp 1801 in the Breedon Stanton or Worthington area (place varies from census to census 1851 onwards). Henry has a son John born 1826 from the Worthington area. In the 1841 census they are living at Elemore Vale pit, Pittington County Durham.

There are a number of Sharp Families in the Breedon , Stanton, Worthington mining areas of North West Leicestirshire and south East Derbyshire, but I cannot make any connections.

Can anyone help?

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Sharp 1801, Breedon, Stanton, Worthington,
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 July 07 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi DPS  ;)

You have the same problem as me I'm afraid  :-\

My Tivey's were originally from the Staunton Harold area of Leicestershire and  the children born after 1812 were baptized at Worthington Parish Chapel where the family moved on to but were listed as from Staunton Harold  ( see http://www.jativey.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/JamesBap1818.htm  - this is a copy of one of the family - there are others on my Parish Registers Lists)

The eldest son of my Tivey  family was Thomas born 1811/12 (census) but unfortunately the Parish Registers from about 1788 - 1812 Worthington are missing  :'(

Perhaps you could ask someone to check the burial index for Breedon on the Hill for Sharp's around this era, as Breedon seems to be the burial place for people from Worthington/Staunton Harold/Griffydam/Newbold/Lount at this time.

I can only see one Sharp family member aged 9 years old on the 1841 Worthington Census which I have transcribed (see http://www.jativey.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1841WorthTrans5.htm ) He is a Minor residing with Thomas Brooks, a hawker.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad  news! But you may have more luck with Wills and Administrations, Apprentice Records and Settlement Papers, which are usually kept at the local records office.

Good Luck with your search :-*

Cheers
Jan ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!