Author Topic: Alice May Trow  (Read 9612 times)

Offline nixtee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alice May Trow
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 June 07 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Shirley,

Mine was born c1847 Churchstoke area and her father was Richard Trow.  She was the 2nd wife of my Great Great Grandfather Thomas Tye.

I find it funny that he married a Trow, because his eldest daughter (my Great Grandmother) married also married a Trow (John Trow) from Churchstoke (although I have yet to find a connection between the 2 Trow families).

Nikki.
Trow (Montgomeryshire), Derricutt (Shropshire/Cheshire), Wilding (Radnorshire/Shropshire), Bowers (Shropshire), Williams (Montgomeryshire), Tye (Montgomershire/Radnorshire/Shropshire), Middleton (Radnorshire)

Offline Shirles

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 June 07 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Nikki

I have a Richard Trow born Churchstoke 1881 father Cornelius and mother Elizabeth Bowen.  I also have Wilding and Whilding Radnorshire on my Tree.  We probably have a connection somewhere along the line.

Best wishes
Shirley
My research interests are as follows:
TROW, Jane Elizabeth,(nee Evans) died 1864 in Dorrington, Condover
TROW Jane, Kerry, Montgomeryshire abt 1777 GARDINER Edward, Shropshire, abt 1764
TUDOR Martha, Kerry, Montg abt 1762
JONES Richard, Llangedwin, Debighshire 1794
UNKNOWN Anne, Shrewsbury? Shropshire abt 1794
STALEY James, Lydbury North, Shrops abt 1772
CORNS Margaret, Lydbury North, Shrops 1769
MILLS Joseph, Golon, Llanbister, Radnorshire
CORFIELD John, St Chads, Shrews 1773

Offline nixtee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 June 07 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Shirley,

According to a family tree I have access to via Genes Reunited, I believe your Cornelius Trow is a brother to my John Trow (born c1827).

Regards,

Nikki.
Trow (Montgomeryshire), Derricutt (Shropshire/Cheshire), Wilding (Radnorshire/Shropshire), Bowers (Shropshire), Williams (Montgomeryshire), Tye (Montgomershire/Radnorshire/Shropshire), Middleton (Radnorshire)

Offline Shirles

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 June 07 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Nikki

I haven't got John as a brother to Cornelius yet, was his parents James Trow [1804] Kerry and Margaret?  If so perhaps we could continue on Genes and try and knock my brick wall down together.

Best wishes
Shirley
TROW Jane, Kerry, Montgomeryshire abt 1777 GARDINER Edward, Shropshire, abt 1764

Offline nixtee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 June 07 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Shirley,

I haven't made the connection myself, but I do beleive my John Trow is the eldest son to James & Margaret.  If you do a search for John Trow 1827 on Genes Reunited you should be able to contact me through that website too and maybe we could help each other.

Also, I have photos of the Trow gravestones in Kerry churchyard if you're interested in them.

Nikki.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 June 07 18:15 BST (UK) »

Hello Nikki

You won't recognise me by my username, but it's Jan in Shropshire, who you very kindly emailed the Trow gravestone photos to earlier this year.  We were in contact on Ancestry Aid originally!

Just thought I'd say a quick hello, and to you too Shirley :D

Jan :)

p.s.  The TROWs are a nightmare to sort out...........my GGG Grandfather, Reuben Trow born in Kerry, was the son of James Trow and Mary Griffiths.  I do know that the further you go back there are so many James Trow.  Makes life very difficult ;D ;D
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline nixtee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 24 June 07 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Jan,

Trows are definitely a nightmare to sort out!  I'm still stuck with my John Trow born c1852 in finding his birth certificate.  I have ordered a number of certificates and despite finally finding one where the father is also called John Trow, I don't think it's the right one.  There's too many John Trows in the same area around about the same time!

Are you on Genes Reunited too?

:)

Nikki.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 24 June 07 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Nikki

I used to be a member of GR, but when my membership expired I didn't bother to renew and removed my Tree.  I did make a lot of contacts on the site so, one day, I might put my Tree back on.

(Sorry to hijack your thread Shirley ;D)

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Shirles

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 24 June 07 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan and Nikki

It's OK Jan nice to hear from you as always.  Nikki I have just been looking through my records and I hope there are two Mary Griffiths because one married Thomas Trow, prior to that they had an illegit daug Mary  :-\    I need to do a bit more homework, I'll get back to you asap. I haven't entered her on my Genes Tree yet until I get more proof.

Best Wishes
Shirley