Author Topic: Replies to Posting - Email Notification  (Read 903 times)

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Replies to Posting - Email Notification
« on: Monday 18 June 07 10:51 BST (UK) »
I was just wondering about replies to my Postings? Normally, if I Post a message and somebody replies, I am notified by a message to my home email address.

Recently, I received one of these email notifications, and when I went to my original posting I saw that 3 different replies had been sent by this one person, plus there was another reply from another person. I was wondering why those 3 extra replies were not forwarded to my email address? Its been over 24 hours since they replied, however, in the meantime I have received an email message of 4th reply from another researcher.

It has me worried that other people could have replied to other Postings of mine, and I was not notified by a message to my home email address. I don't normally go back to an original Posting unless I receive a reply message on my email.

I hope all that makes sense. I wrote it, and it sounds confusing to me!

Regards

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: Replies to Posting - Email Notification
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 June 07 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Les,

You only ever get one notification ...
More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

The easiest way to make sure you see all replies is to use the "Show new
replies to your posts" link, top right of your screen  :)

"My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Replies to Posting - Email Notification
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 June 07 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Tati

Thanks for the advice. I was always of the opinion that I would still receive notifications of replies unless I actually disengaged the notification option. I only do this on some threads, not my own postings.

Guess, I better go through all my previous Postings just to make sure there are no replies that I have not seen. There could be a number of researchers out there who think I am rude to for not acknowledging their help - which is far from the truth!

Regards

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!